[#3975] Translation not working for %s' has mandatory options '%s' and none is selected

11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 1 week ago #225047 by boyjahq
The warning string %s' has mandatory options '%s' and none is selected does not pick up translation strings for plan names. In our case it shows as:

Chosen plans combination is not allowed (you must choose coherent plans selection, e.g. mandatory subscription(s) must be active or mandatory plan(s) must be chosen). '_UE_SINGLE' has mandatory options '_UE_IMMEDIATELY', '_UE_SUB_TWO_WEEKS', '_UE_SUB_MONTH', '_UE_SUB_TWO_MONTHS', '_UE_SUB_THREE_MONTHS', '_UE_SUB_SIX_MONTHS' and none is selected.

These text definitions show up correctly in every other step of the subscription process, but not in the case where this warning is generated.

We are using CBSubs 3.0, CB 1.9 and Joomla 2.5.9. We have 2 languages: en-GB and ja-JP

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 week ago #225079 by krileon
Please provide exact language string you're translating that isn't working. Also note defines is old language usage, we don't support it anywhere in CBSubs (so when it does work, it's a fluke). You should be using CBTxt usage instead. Example as follows.

'My Plan Title' => 'Just My Plan Title',

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 week ago #225089 by boyjahq
These are the text strings we have created:

"_UE_SINGLE" => "Single Adult Membership (16 years and older)",
"_UE_IMMEDIATELY" => "Start WWoofing immediately",
"_UE_SUB_TWO_WEEKS" => "Start in 2 Weeks",
"_UE_SUB_MONTH" => "Start in 1 Month",
"_UE_SUB_TWO_MONTHS" => "Start in 2 Months",
"_UE_SUB_THREE_MONTHS" => "Start in 3 Months",
"_UE_SUB_SIX_MONTHS" => "Start in 6 Months",

They are translating at every step in the CBSubs process (payslips, invoices, auto mails, etc.). The only place they are not being translated is in the warning message that appears if you click submit without choosing an appropriate sub option (child plan?) at registration. At that time the message appears as included in my original post.

11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #225092 by krileon
Please try using CBTxt usage as follows instead of using DEFINEs. DEFINE language strings is old usage and we don't support it in CBSubs and if it does work then they got loaded and processed somewhere, but the usage still isn't guaranteed.

'Single Adult Membership (16 years and older)' => 'Single Adult Membership (16 years and older)'

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #225155 by boyjahq
Thank you for your advice but I think there is a bug.

The part of the system that issues a warning if you submit a form without selecting all payment plan options that are required is ignoring the translation files. It only shows in the warning window whatever you have put into the input boxes in CBSubs, not the alternate definitions for that string from the translation files. Whatever I type in the input box "Name of plan" under CB Paid Subscriptions: Plans --> Presentation is what comes out in this warning message on screen, NOT what I have put into my definition files (not for any language). I DID change the definition files as you recommended.

Also, the other text strings in this warning message do not change, even if I modify them in the language configuration files:
"Chosen plans combination is not allowed (you must choose coherent plans selection, e.g. mandatory subscription(s) must be active or mandatory plan(s) must be chosen." =>

"'%s' has mandatory options '%s' and none is selected." =>

11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #225279 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue as a bug. Looks like the plan names are not being personalized and the language plugins are not loading on this page. The attached patch confirmed fixes both those issues. Use a program like WinMerge to review and apply the patch or apply the changes manually.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn