Assign users to groups based on cbsub plans ?

11 years 1 day ago #225414 by crony
Hello,

Regarding this post :
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18237-assigning-usergroup-based-on-cb-field-value

I was wondering if the select field could be the field based on cbsubs plans.

My purpose is to assign users into groups based on their cbsub plans.
Like this I may create dynamic lists of users, using lists from cb.

Thanks

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 day ago - 11 years 1 day ago #225421 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Assign users to groups based on cbsub plans ?
It only handles substitutions so unless you have what plan they're subscribed to added to a CB field then no. To change a field value based off CBSubs then use CBSubs Fields. To add a usergroup based off CBSubs then see Access tab of your plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 day ago #225425 by crony
Sorry, I don't understand.
Could you be more specific ?

In my mind I thought I could create cbsub plans with the same walues from my j! groups, then with AutoActions, something like :
Onregister, if cbsub=plan1 , assign to J! group =plan1.

Not that simple ?

Thanks

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

11 years 22 hours ago #225489 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Assign users to groups based on cbsub plans ?
You'd need to first use CB Query Field to query the CBSubs database to grab what subscriptions they belong to. Then add a conditional to your auto action for that query field. I've no idea how all this will behave at registration though so may want to apply it to profile edit, but CBSubs can already give usersgroups from the Access tab of your plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 20 hours ago #225503 by crony

You'd need to first use CB Query Field to query the CBSubs database to grab what subscriptions they belong to. Then add a conditional to your auto action for that query field. I've no idea how all this will behave at registration though so may want to apply it to profile edit,

Ok, so seems this is not the right solution, then :

but CBSubs can already give usersgroups from the Access tab of your plans.

Are you saying that it can be setuped thru "access" tab into the plan ? Because this is not the options I see to do so.

Sorry to insist but :
Is there a simple way, and could you explain, how to assign a user subscribing to a plan with cbsub,to a Joomla!'s group.

Isn't it a very basic demand ?

Thanks

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

11 years 26 minutes ago #225537 by nant

crony wrote:

Sorry to insist but :
Is there a simple way, and could you explain, how to assign a user subscribing to a plan with cbsub,to a Joomla!'s group.

Isn't it a very basic demand ?

Thanks

You can configure this in your Plan (access tab) - check last parameter.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn