Auto-Renewal and Offline Gateways AND invoices not showing

11 years 4 days ago #225520 by susommer
Hi,
I use CBSubs to manage the members and membership fees of a society club.

I've got 2 issues at the moment:

1. I use two offline gateways (bank transfer and automatic debit transfer). So, members can chose between transferring the annual membership fee themselves, or give us the ok to take the money off their accounts (every year until the cancel).
And of course we expect the members to stay members until they cancel their membership, which means their subscription (3 plans for individuals, students and organizations) should be automatically renewed after each calendar year, without them having to do anything (or just receive a mail-reminder that the fee is due again). Is this possible? How do I set it up?

2. I've set the invoiced to show up in the member profiles (for five years), but they don't show anymore. I've seen them before, but now they're gone. Any ideas? Is there a possibility to chose where the links to the invoices shows up?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 days ago #225566 by krileon

1. I use two offline gateways (bank transfer and automatic debit transfer). So, members can chose between transferring the annual membership fee themselves, or give us the ok to take the money off their accounts (every year until the cancel).
And of course we expect the members to stay members until they cancel their membership, which means their subscription (3 plans for individuals, students and organizations) should be automatically renewed after each calendar year, without them having to do anything (or just receive a mail-reminder that the fee is due again). Is this possible? How do I set it up?

There is no recurring payments for Offline Gateways. There is no auto withdrawal bank transfer feature. You need to use a gateway like PayPal for that.

2. I've set the invoiced to show up in the member profiles (for five years), but they don't show anymore. I've seen them before, but now they're gone. Any ideas? Is there a possibility to chose where the links to the invoices shows up?

Not sure I understand. It should show if the user has invoices and those invoices were generated within the date range you specified. Any invoices outside that range won't show. So for example if it's set to show the last 5 years worth of invoices then an invoice 6 years ago won't show. This link should be present at the bottom of your CBSubs profile tab. If you disable invoice display within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices then it likely won't show.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: susommer

11 years 4 days ago #225575 by susommer
Thanks for the reply.
I thought so, about the auto recurring thing. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask, since that's what I need (and what the actual situation/setup of the club is). Unfortunately, PayPal's a bit too "modern" for this particular club. ;)

To the second problem:
I've set the invoices to show for the last five years. And I've just discovered that the link only shows up if the payment is pending, but not if the payment in completed, which just doesn't make any sense. It shouldn't make a difference if I set the payment to completed from the backend, right? There should still be an invoice in that case. Any ideas?

Thanks!

11 years 1 day ago #225703 by krileon

I've set the invoices to show for the last five years. And I've just discovered that the link only shows up if the payment is pending, but not if the payment in completed, which just doesn't make any sense. It shouldn't make a difference if I set the payment to completed from the backend, right? There should still be an invoice in that case. Any ideas?

I've no idea, it should be showing pending and complete invoices. It should appear as follows.

Note the "Payment Type" should change from "Offline" to whatever method you selected to pay the invoice by.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn