Folder Protection troubles

11 years 4 days ago - 11 years 4 days ago #225611 by CosmicGlenn
Folder Protection troubles was created by CosmicGlenn
Having trouble getting the folder protection to work.

Folder is protected.

Question.
1. Is there a code I can put in htaccess(Or any where) that will auto log me in with out having to manually log in every time I access a file in the protected folder?
2. Is it possible that when logging in to joomla with cbsubs that the HTaccess can be set to let me access the protected folders with out logging in to the protected folder also?
3. However, in general, use of .htaccess files should be avoided when possible. Any configuration that you would consider putting in a .htaccess file, can just as effectively be made in a <Directory> section in your main server configuration file. <<<<is that true? should i do that instead of folder protection?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 days ago #225706 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Folder Protection troubles

1. Is there a code I can put in htaccess(Or any where) that will auto log me in with out having to manually log in every time I access a file in the protected folder?

No, it uses htaccess login protection. This login protection is completely independent from Joomla and Joomla can not influence it.

2. Is it possible that when logging in to joomla with cbsubs that the HTaccess can be set to let me access the protected folders with out logging in to the protected folder also?

No, see reply to 1.

3. However, in general, use of .htaccess files should be avoided when possible. Any configuration that you would consider putting in a .htaccess file, can just as effectively be made in a <Directory> section in your main server configuration file. <<<<is that true? should i do that instead of folder protection?

They're just two different usages. The htaccess protecting is using the authentication dialog module. Each having its own username/password combo file as well. You really only should use this if you intend to directly access file locations, otherwise don't use it and instead just protect the Joomla extension trying to use the files in that location.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 day ago #225862 by CosmicGlenn
Replied by CosmicGlenn on topic Folder Protection troubles
ok . thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.334 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn