[SOLVED] Debugging why GPL Content Protection Plugin

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #227030 by tbream
We have two environments, one Development and the other Production, where we are using the GPL version of CBSubs. We are a long user of CBSubs, having used the previous versions over the past years.

Both environments are mirrors of each other, although there is always the possibility that we inadvertently got something out of sync between the two.

After closing a development cycle, we find that on the Production side, it is acting as if the Content Protection Plugin isn't installed and active, although we've reconfirmed it is in place and have re-updated it just in case.

On our development side, CBSubs is working properly.

Any suggestions on paths to check while debugging why the Content Protection Plugin might not be active, or moreover, why CBSubs would suddenly stop blocking access to articles and menu items as it is configured to do?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #227034 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Debugging why GPL Content Protection Plugin
What Joomla versions are your two sites? There's a bug with CBSubs Content on J3.0, which can be fixed with the below quickfix.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cbsubs-gpl-support/219260-bug-on-cbsubs-content-with-joomla-30-and-sef

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #227035 by tbream
Replied by tbream on topic Debugging why GPL Content Protection Plugin
We are using J2.5.11 on both sites.

We are using the same host as I think you do, but the Production side is on a virtual server, which is configured slightly differently than the Development environment. We've had different behavior with CBSubs in the past between the two platforms.

10 years 10 months ago #227037 by tbream
Actually, I just checked our development logs, and we updated Joomla to 2.5.11 just before this issue was discovered.

10 years 10 months ago #227109 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Debugging why GPL Content Protection Plugin
Believe a user confirmed it bugs on some versions of J2.5 too. I suggest applying the quickfix in the topic linked above and see if issue resolves.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #227141 by tbream
I've loaded the fix and the problem still persists. Simply, the protection plugin isn't doing any protection currently.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn