Display donations with Memberships

10 years 11 months ago #227353 by erichf
Display donations with Memberships was created by erichf
We're using CBSUBS in a slightly different way than usual. It's being used to manage annual membership dues for a community association. It's working well for most scenarios, but there is one variation that I'm not sure it can handle.

Most members pay the set fee of $25 per year. Some people, however, feel that they can contribute more and some years make a donation of more than $25. For these people we've set up a donation plan; however, the donation doesn't show up on the users subscription profile along with the annual subscriptions (memberships).

I haven't been able to find anything in the manual that talks about this. Is there a way to show donations made along withe subscriptions purchased?

Thanks

Erich

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #227472 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Display donations with Memberships
You can't renew multiple plans at the same time. So they need to renew their subscription then donate in a separate transaction. If it's not showing up in the Subscription tab at all ensure the donation plan is set to allow upgrades (registered users making a purchase is always considered an upgrade).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #228226 by erichf
Replied by erichf on topic Display donations with Memberships
"Allow upgrade to this" is set to yes, so the Donation option appears along with the other Upgrade options, but if the user makes a donation, and completes the transaction through PayPal, the donation that they made isn't displayed along with the memberships that they've purchased. There's no obvious record for the user that they've made the donation.

10 years 10 months ago #228269 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Display donations with Memberships
The purchase is sent to PayPal as 1 single payment. Assuming payment item text was left as is it should display something like the below for the item they're purchasing.

'SUBSCRIPTION PLAN NAME HERE, DONATION PLAN NAME HERE for USERNAME'

So it's fairly easy to see they're subscribing to a plan and making a donation at the same time. They also can see this within their invoice (if you didn't disable invoices) when navigating to the invoice page from the link found on their Subscription tab on their profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.671 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn