mailer not sending images

10 years 10 months ago #229456 by wjgadmin
mailer not sending images was created by wjgadmin
i am using cbsubs mailer & the function is working fine however none of the emails going out are sending the images as they are supposed to.
i have them set to use html & there is nothing wrong with the images or html. i have used the exact same newsletter/email in acymailing to test & it works perfectly with all images displaying. can you please tell me how to resolve that issue?
thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #229458 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic mailer not sending images
for some reason i have needed to add the url before the directory for the images. this resolved the sending, the images are still sent different than acy or others in that the images seperate themselves instead of lining up properly. for example in a row of 4 columns the images do not create 1 banner, they have seperation between them. the coding html is designed so they create one image & works perfectly in all other mailers just not cbsubs mailer.
thoughts?
thanks

10 years 10 months ago #229501 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic mailer not sending images

for some reason i have needed to add the url before the directory for the images.

You can't use relative URLs in am email. This isn't possible with any email sent from anywhere. Email URLs should always contain live site.

the images are still sent different than acy or others in that the images seperate themselves instead of lining up properly. for example in a row of 4 columns the images do not create 1 banner, they have seperation between them. the coding html is designed so they create one image & works perfectly in all other mailers just not cbsubs mailer.

Review the source code of your email. There's probably a br or p element between the images or maybe some inline styling such as border, padding, or margin on your img elements.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #229515 by wjgadmin
Thank you, I have completely rewritten the HTML template to be sure. Is there anyway to send a simple test of each without having to use the cron & additional steps?
It would be great is you could send a test from the email itself like in acymailing.
Thank you

10 years 10 months ago #229608 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic mailer not sending images

Is there anyway to send a simple test of each without having to use the cron & additional steps?

No, you'd need to ensure you've at least 1 user that meets your mailer criteria then you can directly navigate to the CRON URL and it'll process.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #229619 by wjgadmin
it is quite the process to test the cbsubs mailer & due to the fact that i am doing many emails i would like a more effective process for time consumption.
i can use acymailing however there is one issue that i have found with that. i want to find out if you can use the API of acymailing instead of passing the user credentials to the tables.
the reason is i have created welcome messages for all users that subscribe to this particular plan (lets call it plan x). it works great but when the user is subscribed via cbsubs they are not being sent the welcome newsletter. i have contacted acy in regards with the following response:

if they insert directly the data in the acymailing_listsub table the subscriber will be attached to the list properly but follow-up message or welcome messages won't be triggered.
If they use our API instead, that will do the job:
www.acyba.com/en/support/documentation/64-acymailing-developer-documentation.html#api_subscribe

If they already use our API to subscribe the user then the issue must be something else (maybe it's triggered from the back-end?).

i have set the content prepare content plugins to "yes" so it would trigger & hopefully execute the acymailing but no luck. can you please guide me as to this? this would resolve the issue from all sides & make the process much easier for us with multiple emails.
thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn