mailer not sending images

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #229665 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic mailer not sending images

it is quite the process to test the cbsubs mailer & due to the fact that i am doing many emails i would like a more effective process for time consumption.

AcyMailing doesn't have complex conditionals and subscription value checks to determine exactly when the email should send. It's just not comparable. A simple test email isn't going to do any good if you can't test it in the scenario it was configured for. So you need a user that meets the conditional criteria before you can test to ensure it works in those conditions. Much of the information used to check against doesn't even exist yet so a simple test isn't possible.

i can use acymailing however there is one issue that i have found with that. i want to find out if you can use the API of acymailing instead of passing the user credentials to the tables.
the reason is i have created welcome messages for all users that subscribe to this particular plan (lets call it plan x). it works great but when the user is subscribed via cbsubs they are not being sent the welcome newsletter. i have contacted acy in regards with the following response:

if they insert directly the data in the acymailing_listsub table the subscriber will be attached to the list properly but follow-up message or welcome messages won't be triggered.
If they use our API instead, that will do the job:
www.acyba.com/en/support/documentation/6...n.html#api_subscribe

If they already use our API to subscribe the user then the issue must be something else (maybe it's triggered from the back-end?).

The user needs to be subscribed to the newsletter for them to receive the newsletter. CBSubs comes with an AcyMailing integration that subscribes them to newsletters when they subscribe to the plan. The integration uses their API and not direct database queries. Please see your CBSubs documentation for CBSubs AcyMailing usage details.

i have set the content prepare content plugins to "yes" so it would trigger & hopefully execute the acymailing but no luck. can you please guide me as to this?

CBSubs does not trigger AcyMailing newsletters. You need to use AcyMailing CRON URLs to do that. CBSubs Mailer and AcyMailing are two completely separate things. Enabling content plugins just allows Joomla content plugins to act on the content (plan description for example).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #229673 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic mailer not sending images
yes i understand that, let me ask a different way:
i do not want to use cbsubs mailer at all. i want to use acymailing. the acymailing has a welcome message for each list created. i am having cbsubs automatically subscribe the user per plan to the appropriate list in acymailing. the issue is the way that cbsubs is adding the users data into acy. if the user's info is being added directly to the tables it doesnt allow for the welcome message to work. so i need to use the api version to add the users to acy so that the welcome messages work properly.
i hope this makes sense. please see the url in the previous message as it shows the api.
the reason i need to do this is because the cbsubs mailer is quite complicated for testing purposes & the emails are not going out properly with the images where as they do work great with acy so i would like to be able to use acy & have the welcome messages sent when they are subscribed to the list from cbsubs:)
thank you

10 years 10 months ago #229676 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic mailer not sending images

the issue is the way that cbsubs is adding the users data into acy

This is completely incorrect. We are using their API exactly to their specification. You can see this in CBSubs GPL in the below file where the API is used correctly to subscribe and unsubscribe users from newsletters.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubsacymailing/cbsubs.acymailing.php

As you can see in the above our usage follows exactly their usage shown in their documentation below for "Subscribe or remove a user from one or several lists".

www.acyba.com/en/support/documentation/64-acymailing-developer-documentation.html#api_subscribe

Subscribing and unsubscribing a user does not trigger a newsletter to be sent. You need to send the newsletter manually or use CRON to do it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #229678 by wjgadmin
ok, i believe i said that in the wrong way. i was meaning to ask you as opposed to say how it is doing it. this is good news that it is infact using the api!
i know that it doesnt trigger acy to send a newsletter, but there are welcome messages per plan in acy which are different from newsletters (welcome messages are supposed to be sent automatically on subscribe, where as newsletters you must send or set a filter to send them).
i will send this to acy to see if they can figure out why it is not sending if you are infact using the api.
any idea why these would not be triggered? if you have anything to add please do, thank you for the assistance!

10 years 10 months ago #229723 by wjgadmin
hopefully this post will help some people. we have been able to figure out that acymailing is not handling the cbsubs subscribing process in order to use the functionality that acymailing offers. so acy (excellent support) is updating the cbsubs integration to handle it.
the current method is that when a user is auto subscribed they are not placed in the pending status which causes the welcome messages not to work properly or at all. after the update it will then place the users in pending status & use the community builder confirm link to set it into confirmed mode. this will allow for acy to use its welcome messages with full functionality.
this post is just to let you guys know in the hopes that it will help:)
God Bless
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn