membership plan changes

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #229626 by srinsoftleaderclips
membership plan changes was created by srinsoftleaderclips
Nick,

I'm using Joomla 2.5.4 with CB 1.9 and CBsubs 3.0

Questions

1. Initially, i have plans like free for a week, monthly for $1 and annual for $2.

a. What happen for already subscribed user if i change the price of plan amount ?

b. Will PayPal use the new or old amount When PayPal process recurring payment from paypal for existing recurring account?

c. If PayPal still process for old payment, then how can change updated the processing fee for existing user?

2. Currently If i register for free for a week, then monthly and annual plan is showing when i go to manage subscription page. If i upgraded plan to monthly then i go to manage subscription page then it shows free for a week plan and annual plan. If i upgrade to annual then go to manage subscription page then it shows free for week and monthly plan.

Requirement

If i upgrade to a high cost plan then the other plan should not be shown in manage subscription page. Is any settings available to not to display the other plans if im upgraded most expensive plan

FYI: following are the settings made under each plan

under price tab
Prorate remaining value of this plan when upgrading: No

Under workflow tab
Propose plan for upgrades only if it is more expensive: Yes

If i set Prorate remaining value of this plan when upgrading as Yes, then the membership upgrade is working as per above requirement. But if it is turned to No then its showing all other plans while upgrade membership

Kindly let guide us to fix this scenario

Thanks
Guru

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #229672 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic membership plan changes

a. What happen for already subscribed user if i change the price of plan amount ?

Nothing, they'd only be charged the new amount on manual renewal.

b. Will PayPal use the new or old amount When PayPal process recurring payment from paypal for existing recurring account?

PayPal will use the old amount as it's what they have stored in there system. You would need to cancel all the recurring subscriptions from your PayPal account and they'd need to manually renew to the new price at time of renewal.

c. If PayPal still process for old payment, then how can change updated the processing fee for existing user?

Yes. You can't change the price on the user without their consent; that is illegal. For example you can't have them subscribe under the agreement of $10/Year then suddenly change it to $20/Year. They agreed to $10/Year. Charging anything otherwise would be illegal (unless it is less than the agreed price). Their subscription would need to be cancelled on PayPals end to stop the recurring payments so they can renew at the new price.

If i upgrade to a high cost plan then the other plan should not be shown in manage subscription page. Is any settings available to not to display the other plans if im upgraded most expensive plan

Set both plans as Exclusive and to allow upgrades. Then edit your lower priced plans and on the Workflows tab give them a conditional to not show if the higher priced plans are active.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #229725 by srinsoftleaderclips
Replied by srinsoftleaderclips on topic membership plan changes
Thank you and seems like working

I'm testing in staging server and will confirm once done

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.386 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn