[SOLVED] Force payments with credit card through PayPal, but without a PayPal account

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #229851 by andor
I want our members to be able to pay with a credit card through PayPal, without having to signup for an account with PayPal.

The option "Pay by card" at PayPal's side doesn't always show, for various reasons.

In my contact with PayPal they said:

You can add / edit these blocks in the source code of your buttons to get the tab "pay by card" unfolded by default:

<input type="hidden"> name="solution_type" value="Sole"
<input type="hidden"> name="landing_page" value="Billing"

or pass the variables SOLUTIONTYPE = Sole and Billing = LandingPage in the initialization of the API call along the other variables.

I'm not so used to work behind the scenes with these kind of issues. Do you know how I could take advantage of the information I got from PayPal?

Or do you know of any other solution to make the "Pay by card" option always visible?

Joomla 2.5.13
CB 1.9.1
CBSubs 3.0.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #229907 by krileon
Use single payments only and you'll see the credit card page in addition to the option of logging in. Recurring subscriptions are impossible without a PayPal account. There's no need to edit the gateway, but if you insist on making the edits you can do so with the below.

IN: /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/processors/paypal/cbpaidsubscriptions.paypal.php
ON: Lines 197 - 198
							'cmd'			=>	'_xclick'						//TBD: check for compatibility
						);
TO:
							'cmd'			=>	'_xclick',						//TBD: check for compatibility
							'solution_type'	=>	'Sole',
							'landing_page'	=>	'Billing'
						);

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #229941 by andor

You said: "Use single payments only..." - in the payment gateway for PayPal in CBSubs or for our PayPal account?

I've set the "Enable PayPal" for the PayPal gateway to "Enable single payments".

Joomla 2.5.13
CB 1.9.1
CBSubs 3.0.0

10 years 9 months ago #230477 by krileon
If you set your gateway to user choice then your plans need to be set to single payments. If you set your gateway to single payments then your plans can be user choice or single payments. It's entirely up to you which you use, but both will accomplish the same thing of only allowing single payments through PayPal. Once done and making a purchase PayPal will not require the purchaser to have a PayPal account and can instead use the credit card form if they want. This assumes "PayPal Account Optional" is set to "On" within your PayPal account in "Website preferences".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #230503 by andor
Thanks!

It looks as if the "PayPal Account Optional" did it :woohoo:

Joomla 2.5.13
CB 1.9.1
CBSubs 3.0.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn