[SOLVED] Need to hide the RENEW button from the member.

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #230091 by Gnc
Hi guys,

Using Joomla 2.5.11, CB subs 3.

I have a fairly complex access level setup with approx 8 levels. The "ACTIVE MEMBERS" have options of 3 months, 6 and 1 year. I have a tab that is only accessible from frontend by ADMINS where the active members (basically falls under registered group) is available to be renewed by an admin. It needs to be frontend for control reasons rather than backend. What i need is for only the admin to have ability to do this. The tab works fine. When the members sub expires, it redirects OK on all the pages required BUT is also showing the renew tab to the member. They should not be able to activate themselves.

I have set ACCESS set to:
Allow access frontend YES
Visible for access REGISTERED
Visible for group ACTIVE MEMBERS

The main SETTINGS are:
RENEW BUTTON AVIALABLE FRONTEND: Yes (this is needed to be available for the admin, if off, then no longer available to admin tab either)

I have tried a redirect link under settings (instead of showing plan options) but it is not redirecting to the page but directing to the standard page which i have edited in the add on language. This is OK, but shows the renew link just below the text.

The reason for all of this it is actually a free site, however highly controlled so admins therefore only grant renewed access at certain points. The member should not be able to which is all fine to this point where there membership expires that the RENEW becomes avaialable to them.. not what i need..

How do get rid of that renew button frontend that is available to expired members without removing it from the Admin tab of special access?

Hope this all makes sense as alot of info!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #230129 by krileon
Well you can remove renewal buttons entirely, but this will also affect admins on frontend (no affect on backend). This is done within CBSubs > Settings > Global by setting "Show Renew/Reactivate buttons:" to "No". You probably can also edit your CBSubs plans and set their access on the Access tab to something higher than Registered to prevent them from accessing it. You could also set the plan to be a "backend-only" plan so it can only be given from Backend (also on the Access tab as "Allow access from site frontend:").

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gnc

10 years 9 months ago #230183 by Gnc
OK, cool thanks... it did give me the idea for solution.! Cant set a higher access level, SPECIAL, as it effects the backend as well. The plan no longer becomes available even in backend.

What worked great was creating another group with REGISTERED access level, same as what the active members are in and setting the plans to that level. Still available to Admins in front and Back but not to the member..
Thanks Krileon
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn