[SOLVED] Can't seem to get import right for memberships

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #230212 by marse7
Hi,

I've done a JUPGRADE on a 1.5 site to 2.5 - did all the necessary debugging on CB Subs, DT Register and JEvents, etc. to bring everything current (and using the DB from the old 1.5 site.) The old site has been active for a few months and (paid) user membership on the old site has continued while the new site is being built.

I'm ready to import the current 1.5 user DB (just the updated records) to the new site to go live. Tried using CB Juice (on a testbed) and for most fields in the table, it works but it doesn't bring across the most important field - the membership. A user who is a member isn't when the import is done. I can checkmark the box in CB Subs manually but I'd rather not have to do that since importing is so easy.

1) I used Notebook ++, set the encoding to UTF-8 no BOM (comma delimited.)
2) Ticked the HASH PASSWORDS box.

For the most part, the ADD is more successful than the EDIT (in CB Juice) but neither brings over the membership information.

Any thoughts?

Also, where in the DB is something like the user's plan/membership information kept? I can't seem to find the correct table.

Appreciate the help.

Mark

P.S. I also posted this in the CB Juice forum - if that's not allowed or frowned upon please let me know and I will remove it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #230278 by krileon
CB Juice doesn't import subscriptions and I wouldn't expect it to do so either as it's a pretty complicated process and probably too much to ask of CB Juice developer to implement. You'll need to use CBSubs > Import to give users their subscriptions again, but you'll need to format an import file in accordance to the example shown in CBSubs > Import and within your CBSubs documentation. You can find users existing subscriptions within _cbsubs_subscriptions database table, which you could export, format, then use as your import.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marse7

10 years 9 months ago #230286 by marse7
Thank you for that information! I can see now that that is the case. I really wish there was an easier way to do it but it is what it is.

Best,
Mark

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn