Workflow not carried out after payment comes in

10 years 9 months ago #230380 by Vorak
Hello,

On my website, I run one type of paid membership, for which a few plans exist (1 year, 2 year). The access they are supposed to give, is all the same, just the duration of the plan is different.

Recently, I moved everything from a Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5, including the latest version of CB and CBSubs. Everything seems to work fine, all the settings are there and the same as before.

Today, it is the first time that a new membership payment has come in through Paypal, since we're on Joomla 2.5. But there appear to be some problems:

- The e-mail that is supposed to be sent out to the user after successful upgrade to the chosen plan, does not seem to have been sent. At least not to me, even though it is set to send to me in BCC as well.

- The user level group should be set to the group "Upgraded Member" (a group & access level which I created in Joomla 2.5), but this has not happened either. And since I was online when the upgrade came in (which I only noticed due to an email from Paypal), I did this manually, but it should happen automatically.

When I go to the basket area of CBSubs, the upgrade is there alright, and says it is successful. It is also supposed to add the user to a specific group in Docman, and that worked fine as well. That leaves me with the question why it doesn't send the email, and why it doesn't move the user to the correct access group in Joomla.

I should add to this that on Joomla 1.5, I had already updated CB and CBSubs to the latest version as well, and payments for upgrade plans had come in then too, with everything working properly. Joomla 1.5 did not support creating your own access level groups yet, so there it was created with an additional extension. On the Joomla 2.5 site, I modified the related CBSubs setting so it would go to the right user group that is now natively supported by J25.

If all my settings are otherwise the same as before, what can be the problem?

The only thing that I can think of, that is different, is that there's currently a discount coupon active, and which was used by the user that just upgraded today. All plans are with manual renewal only, so no automatic recurring payments.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #230392 by Vorak
Update:

Between last night and now, four more users have upgraded their account on my website. In all four cases, the email did get sent out and the user was set in the Joomla group "Upgraded Members". So, only the first one seems to have that problem.

At least that's good news, but I did notice one thing:
CBSubs adds the user to the group "Upgraded Members" but doesn't move him there. This means that, instead of "moving" the user from group "Registered" to "Upgraded Member", the user ends up being in two groups at the same time. This was not the case on my Joomla 1.5, where the user was just moved to "Upgraded Member" and after expiration moved back to "Registered".
I'm not sure what affect this would have, and whether this could cause any conflicts or not, both now during their upgrade, as afterwards with their expiration.

10 years 9 months ago #230433 by krileon

Between last night and now, four more users have upgraded their account on my website. In all four cases, the email did get sent out and the user was set in the Joomla group "Upgraded Members". So, only the first one seems to have that problem.

Maybe the first user paid by check through PayPal? Such payments take a few days to clear. I suggest checking your PayPal account and see if their payment is under review or pending.

CBSubs adds the user to the group "Upgraded Members" but doesn't move him there. This means that, instead of "moving" the user from group "Registered" to "Upgraded Member", the user ends up being in two groups at the same time.

This is normal. CBSubs will add a usergroup on J1.6 and greater (so J2.5, J3.0, etc..) as a user can have multiple usergroups now. The usage is planned to be improved in a later release to allow add, replace, or remove.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #230438 by Vorak
Thanks for your reply.

I checked my Paypal account and the payment did come in already. I have encountered before that someone paid by check which did take longer indeed, but it is not the case here. The money was put on my Paypal account right away. The user's subscription to my upgrade plan was also instantly activated, except for the e-mail and the user group.

Thanks for clarifying about the usergroups. However, when an upgrade subscription expires for one of my users, does this mean that the user group "Upgraded Members" will be removed for them again, so that they will only be a member of the group "Registered" as it should be?

10 years 9 months ago #230439 by krileon
Strange, have not encountered such an issue. If it happens again please let us know and we can investigate your install to see what could have caused it.

However, when an upgrade subscription expires for one of my users, does this mean that the user group "Upgraded Members" will be removed for them again, so that they will only be a member of the group "Registered" as it should be?

Yes, it should remove the usergroup when they expire.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #230441 by Vorak
Thanks!
If it occurs again (hopefully not), I'll let you know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.661 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn