[SOLVED] Paying offline items from basket list - quirky process

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #230502 by andor
As you probably understand by now and all my questions I have been digging in to the wonderful CBSubs solution for the last couple of weeks. Went live last week with 2000 members imported and I see more and more of the process and dynamics between admin and members.

For instance, when members choose to pay offline, I check the bank account statement and click the "Pay" button in the basket list as I find the payment.

Normally, I filter for "Pending" payments and change the list display # to something else than the standard 15 items. Since I have to open the basket details and save the payment, I'm getting back to the basket list but now the filter function is reset and I see the full list, including Completed and Pending items.

Is it possible to keep the filter between paying individual items?

I also noticed in the manual that I'm supposed to have a "Pay" button in the top right corner, but I have a button for each item. Guess that's the new version?

Initially I thought that was a "main" Pay button that would assist me in paying several items in one go, after ticking the checkbox for all relevant items. Is it possible to pay more than one at a time?

Joomla 2.5.13
CB 1.9.1
CBSubs 3.0.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #230511 by krileon

Is it possible to keep the filter between paying individual items?

It's supposed to, but it's a known issue that it doesn't. Unfortunately I don't have a fix for you at this time. One way to workaround this is to open the basket in a new tab. You can do this by right clicking the Pay button then clicking open in a new tab. This confirmed works in Chrome and Firefox so should make it a little easier to manage.

I also noticed in the manual that I'm supposed to have a "Pay" button in the top right corner, but I have a button for each item. Guess that's the new version?

It was changed in 3.x, but the documentation wasn't updated to reflect this change. I've let Nick know for next document release.

Initially I thought that was a "main" Pay button that would assist me in paying several items in one go, after ticking the checkbox for all relevant items. Is it possible to pay more than one at a time?

No, it's not possible to pay multiple baskets at once. All it did was force you to make 2 clicks (click a row then click pay). Now the pay button is directly in each row so it's 1 click to begin paying a basket.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #230515 by nant

krileon wrote:

It was changed in 3.x, but the documentation wasn't updated to reflect this change. I've let Nick know for next document release.

Yes, there are 2 old images that need to be updated and I have already fixed this for next doc release.

10 years 9 months ago #230518 by andor

krileon wrote: One way to workaround this is to open the basket in a new tab. You can do this by right clicking the Pay button then clicking open in a new tab. This confirmed works in Chrome and Firefox so should make it a little easier to manage.

Really like that workaround - thanks!

krileon wrote: It was changed in 3.x, but the documentation wasn't updated to reflect this change. I've let Nick know for next document release.

Perfect :)

Joomla 2.5.13
CB 1.9.1
CBSubs 3.0.0

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.490 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn