Migrating "Legacy" users into my new CBSubs

10 years 8 months ago #231912 by talkradio
I had crazy issues with last Joomla install. So, New db, new joomla install, CB and CBSubs 3.0 implemented and working basically now just fine. Migrated users from my old db and their access is fine.

This is a newsletter site, with a paywall, and while these migrated or legacy users have a group called "macroprofit" checked (which gives them access) any view of their profile or edit screen for their profile brings up an "Upgrade Possibility" and an offer to them for a $39.95/mo cost. They have access, and I could avoid them seeing this screen, BUT;

1. Can I migrate (or alter a db table somewhere) to validate them according to the new CB Subs program? (and No, I didn't have them in CB Subs on the previous site) I'd be willing to do this by hand if neccessary (users amount to about 100 total).
2. Could I find an alternative screen where they can see their profile but be spared the "you need to upgrade your subscription" box.

I thought of adding another group to them and call it legacy or something, so that I could give them a module only they could see to manage their account, but this seems clunky. PayPal is the ONLY pay system any of these people are on. They have been disrupted already and I'd like to not require them to transfer or deal with account changes again.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. I've skimmed the manual and couldn't seem to find anything on old user merges into a new CB Subs.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #231943 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Migrating "Legacy" users into my new CBSubs

1. Can I migrate (or alter a db table somewhere) to validate them according to the new CB Subs program? (and No, I didn't have them in CB Subs on the previous site) I'd be willing to do this by hand if neccessary (users amount to about 100 total).

You can migrate your users from your old system to CBSubs using CBSubs > Import. You'd need to create a properly formatted import file (see documentation and the examples in CBSubs > Import). CBSubs can't protect your site based off a 3rd party subscription system.

2. Could I find an alternative screen where they can see their profile but be spared the "you need to upgrade your subscription" box.

Don't understand the question. Viewing profile doesn't force anyone to upgrade unless you're protecting the profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 8 months ago #232046 by talkradio
Replied by talkradio on topic Migrating "Legacy" users into my new CBSubs
This was so disappointing. So I followed all instructions on importing users. I did a .csv import, and listed the data as instructed (userid,planid,statusSingleChar,SubscriptionDateISO).

I have one plan, and wanted all those I imported to be active. So it was userid,1,A,and sub date formatted as requested.

The system began the import, emailed everyone (which it never said it would do) and EXPIRED all of them. They were ALL removed from access!!

So on top of trying to scramble to draft a letter telling them to disregard the 'Welcome Aboard' letter, I was busy adding their access level back in so that as they logged on to see what the hell was going on they didn't find that they had no access at all.

My guys are still taking calls from people wondering what is going on.

What I need to do now is find out how to change these people over to 'Active' from 'Expired' and WITHOUT emailing them again. Do I have to modify it in the db table itself? If so where do I find that?

10 years 8 months ago #232076 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Migrating "Legacy" users into my new CBSubs
Strange, there was no reason for it to expire them unless the expiration date calculated from subscription date and plan duration would result in them being expired. You supply it the subscription date (date they subscribed) and it then calculates when they expire based off the plans duration parameter. Perhaps according to your CB plans duration they would actually have been expired?

You can manually edit a subscription within CBSubs > Subscriptions by clicking the # under the ID column. Alternatively if you need to mass edit you can do so within the _cbsubs_subscriptions database table. Both of these methods will send no emails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn