Expired Members still get access, sometimes.

10 years 8 months ago #232749 by micheleq
I'm using paid memberships with PayPal monthly subscriptions.

PayPal is supposed to notify when a subscription is not renewed. In the Plan, I've set the grace period to 3 days to allow for delayed renewals.

Every now and then (couple of months) I go in and there are users who's subscriptions have expired (beyond the grace period) but still show active and have access.

I don't block them, because that means they can't re-subscribe, so what I do is to change the grace period in the plan -and then set it back to what it was-, and this seems to trigger the cronjob (or whatever it is) and those accounts get locked as it should. This works for a while, but then stops. To monitor if it's working I use the filters in the memberships to show active accounts that expired 3 or more days ago.

Has anybody had this issue?

I'm using CB 1.9 and CBSubs 3.0.0

Thank you.
Tomás

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #232800 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Expired Members still get access, sometimes.
Users are not truly expired until you trigger expiration. To trigger expiration you typically need to login to backend or the user needs to attempt to login on frontend. You can setup a CRON to run expiration at intervals though to ensure this never happens. You can adjust how expiration is triggered within CBSubs > Settings > Global then review the parameters under "Automation settings".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

10 years 7 months ago #234189 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Expired Members still get access, sometimes.
Thanks Kyle.

I do log in to the back end daily, as a super admin. Does is have to be a particular admin? I have several accounts and the one I use might not be the one used to create the site. Would this be an issue?

Notifications are sent when their membership is not renewed and I'd like them to be sent as a reminder of it as soon as they are locked out.

Thanks again.

10 years 7 months ago #234242 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Expired Members still get access, sometimes.

I do log in to the back end daily, as a super admin.

You have to navigate to CBSubs backend and it has to be done after they expire. It's usually best to setup CRON to run the expiration URL daily at the end of the day to ensure expiration's are triggered properly. If you have an active community though you could have them be the trigger and setup expiration to expire a few users every now and again then your community it self will handle all this for you just by being active on the site.

Does is have to be a particular admin? I have several accounts and the one I use might not be the one used to create the site. Would this be an issue?

No it doesn't particularly matter as long as you navigate to CBSubs backend.

Notifications are sent when their membership is not renewed and I'd like them to be sent as a reminder of it as soon as they are locked out.

You can't really send an expiration the second someone expires unless you're constantly triggering expiration. There's always going to be some sort of delay. Maybe give them a 1 day grace period to account for the delay?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn