Downgrade plan...

10 years 7 months ago #233918 by tonyhacks
Downgrade plan... was created by tonyhacks
Hi,

Just a little question. I don't find how automatically downgrade plan when a user cancel l his subscription.

e.g : Subscription#2 --> CANCELL --> Subscription#1

For the moment users who cancelled are with "no plan"

Thanks for your lights !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #233943 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Downgrade plan...
There is no such feature unless the plan expiring is the child plan of a parent plan. If they upgraded from 1 exclusive plan to another and the previous exclusive plan hasn't expired then when they expire from their new their previous plan should be shown as active still.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #235537 by tonyhacks
Replied by tonyhacks on topic Downgrade plan...
Thank you Krileon for your Answer.

My Plan#1 (Free) doesn't have end of validity (Lifetime)

When I Cancell Plan#2 (Paid) from Frontend, Users go back to none (instead Plan#1)

An Idea to back to first plan when cancelled??

(Printscreens below to see Steps)
  • Plan before Cancel:
  • Confirm Cancel:
  • Message cancelled OK
  • Always display Plan#2 (expired) instead Plan#1
  • Display NO PLAN on back office for this user

10 years 6 months ago #235569 by krileon
Plan 2 would need to be a child of Plan 1 for it to do that. Currently you can not specify a fallback plan and it always falls back to an internal lifetime plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #235615 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic Downgrade plan...
Is it possible to make existing Plan 2 a child of existing Plan 1 without messing up things?
In our live system, each are currently set as children of parent plan "Top" and neither is set as "default".

I'd like our current Plan 2 (paid yearly subscription) to always fall back to Plan 1 (lifetime free subscription) if Plan 2 is allowed to expire (or, if its set to auto-renew - in the event auto-renew fails for any reason).

But I am wary of reconfiguring things now, in the event that this change breaks something in the thousands of current subscriptions we have active...

10 years 6 months ago #235686 by krileon
If you have no existing subscriptions to the plan then yes it's safe to make it a child plan. If you've existing subscriptions to it then their subscription rows will be pissing a parent plan id. It maybe better to just allow them to fall back to no plan so they can renew, go free lifetime, or be done all together.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds