how to resolve payments and baskets when a transaction is held for review at my payment gateway

10 years 7 months ago #234174 by bucknla
Hi
I often get a member who has started a transaction in cbsubs to purchase a subscription and on the payment gateway side (i use authorize.net)the transaction is held for review or the member thinking the card didn't go through runs the card again. On the payment gateway side I have two transactions for the same purchased subscription so I approve on and void the other. Now in cbsubs when i look at the payment basket it say not initiated asking pay now. I was under the impression if I voided the transaction at my payment gateway cbsubs would get a silent update and reflect this void for one transaction and approval for the other but i still have an not initialized payment basket with an unresolved transaction. Is this the way this is supposed to happen? Or is there something I need to do in cbsubs so that both my payment gateway transactions and cbsubs are in synch? This is a problem for me because even if i void the one and approve the other on my payment gateway in cbsubs my member when he looks at the subscription tab it continues to say pay now. What am I doing wrong or what do I do to resolve this kind of situation?
Thanks for your help.
D Cannon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #234244 by krileon
I'm guessing Authorize.net is not sending a silent post when you're manually approving or voiding a payment. Check CBSubs > Notifications and see if you received the IPN. You can force the basket to be paid by paying it from CBSubs > Baskets to workaround the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn