[SOLVED] can't log in after making new paid subscription, and can't upgrade from free to paid

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #234365 by mikerotec
Just did a server migration. (dedicated server)

Everything appeared to be working fine, until I tested upgrading "free" subscription to paid, and made a new test "paid subscription" user.
The payment went through OK for the new user, but on first login after making the account I get blank page on /subscribe-renew/login

apache error log looks like

[Thu Sep 26 12:06:58 2013] [error] [client {m.y.IP}] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in <span>/</span>var<span>/</span>www/html/{webfolder}/html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbsubsfieldstabsprotect/cbsubs.fieldstabsprotect.php on line 128, referer: http://{mydomain}/subscribe-renew/login

[Thu Sep 26 12:07:04 2013] [error] [client {m.y.IP}] PHP Notice: Undefined index: view in <span>/</span>var<span>/</span>www/html/{webfolder}/html/components/com_content/router.php on line 48, referer: http://{mydomain}/subscribe-renew/login

I get this sort of thing in the access log

{m.y.IP} - - [26/Sep/2013:11:18:28 -0500] "POST /subscribe-option/pluginclass?user=86&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions HTTP/1.1" 500 -

Everything else on site is working OK. this seems to be related only to CBsubs. Account created successfully, just sitting 'Approved', but not yet enabled or confirmed. Waiting for that first login! Payment went through OK.

Anybody seen this before??
I'm thinking permissions, or maybe PHP.ini ( I spent hours verifying details of this on the new server, so I'm pretty sure everything matches, just some php modules are slightly newer versions...)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #234366 by krileon
Looks like a bad CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection configuration. Probably on a tab or a field that can't be controlled. Try disabling CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection in CB > Plugin Management and see if issue resolves.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

10 years 7 months ago #234368 by mikerotec
FIXED!! That's brilliant, "BEST TECH SUPPORT EVER" .
Thanks a million :)

One question - should I uninstall/reinstall that CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection plugin? Is it vital? I don't even know what it does (I just got handed this legacy system with request for urgent migration to a new server, and I'm new to CBsubs... just now eyeing the 300 page user manual) I guess i shall have to study up on CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection configuration settings...

10 years 7 months ago #234372 by krileon
Whether you need it or not is entirely up to you. It allows you to protect individual fields/tabs based off profile owner and/or profile viewer subscriptions. So for example you could have a tab accessible to a specific subscription. You can try re-installing it to see if it'll clear up the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.577 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn