Re-Direct via promo code to a sub-domain

10 years 6 months ago #234840 by beginnerCB
Re-Direct via promo code to a sub-domain was created by beginnerCB
I would like to be able to setup sbsub registration that would require a mandatory promo code entered and this would then create a re-direct value to send a user to a sub-domain (or other URL). The purpose of this is to have one front end for many companies and users - but have a different sub-domain or different URL for each company. This would allow all of a company's users to all be on a separate database and installation of my joomla programs.
I am not sure how else I can do what I want or how else to ask if this is possible within CBSubs.
I know that I might need to install a re-direct plugin and have several sub-domains or different installs of my Joomla site.
So, I might only have to setup CB Subs to "set" a redirect code based on the mandatory entry of one of several promo codes.
Anyway, I would like to know if this is possible - and apologize as I search for similar topics and could not find anything or did not word it correctly.
Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #234961 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re-Direct via promo code to a sub-domain
I suppose you could redirect using CB Auto Actions based off a field value (requires a Professional subscription), but I'm not sure where CBSubs fits in all of this? CB Auto Actions won't be able to redirect after registration if you're using CBSubs to allow purchase of plans as the purchase process happens after the registration trigger. You can't have custom redircts for promo codes either (I really don't see the purpose? Why not just have each company site have its own registration/CBSubs usage?).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #234963 by beginnerCB
Replied by beginnerCB on topic Re-Direct via promo code to a sub-domain
Thanks Krileon,
I am trying to set up a common front-end registration for all of my users. But I want to segregate them into separate instances for the company that they belong to of my Joomla setup. The reason being that there could be a lot of users and it might be best if they were on separate servers or virtualized environments (they each may need a lot of CPY, RAM, Disk, data lines, etc).
Also, there would be a common URL that would act as a portal for entrance into their instance.
I guess that I wanted to use CBSubs for registration, separate promo codes for each company and then based on the promo code, a user is assigned a re-direct code and would be routed to where that would take them - a separate setup/instance of my site that has been previously replicated x number of times to match the number of companies. (+1 more for the catchall just in case a registration does not match up).
Anyway, I am not sure what is the best way to do this.
Of course, I could just let everybody in the one instance - but it would be a free for all - and I do need to segregate forum comments and other entries between companies.
My end result may just be to use separate setups that users go to directly. But then I need to decide if they will be sub-domains or new URLs.
What do you suggest that I should consider?

10 years 6 months ago #234966 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re-Direct via promo code to a sub-domain
I think it's best you just make all your company sites separate Joomla sites with their own registration and payment workflows. It's really the only way to do it to ensure their userbase is all segregated properly. Having a single entry gateway is just going to confuse and likely upset your userbase as it's an unneeded added step. In this case you should have a domain for each company site and not sub-domains.

The alternative is have all your company sites on a single Joomla install. Then use Module assignment, Template assignment, and Joomla menu links to make different parts of your site look like different companies, but they're all share the same registration, user base, etc.. This however causes all of your companies userbase to be under 1 roof. This could be good or bad. For example what if you sell a company? You have no option to sell the site and domain with it easily. Same goes for dissolving a company.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn