[SOLVED] How to set up my plans please?

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #234868 by ricco1
Good afternoon.

I'm struggling with the set up of my plans and would really appreciate an advise. I think it's important to set up the plans correctly from the beginning so I decided to ask.

I want to have 2 user types: 1. Free; 2. VIP.

I think I have to make 2 User Groups as follows:

Registered
-Free members
-VIP members

The Free users will be assigned to the User Group - Free members and the VIP users will be assigned to the User Group - VIP members.

I want to have 4 plans - 1 plan for the Free members and 3 plans for the VIP members.

The VIP members will have all the same privileges only the duration of their subscription will be different.

I want the 3 plans for the VIP members to be:

1. Monthly V.I.P. Services (renews automatically);
2. 1 Year of V.I.P. Services;
3. Lifetime V.I.P. Services.

If the subscription of any of the VIP plans expires or is cancelled the user has to be automatically downgraded to a Free member with the possibility to resubscribe to any of the VIP plans.

How is it better to organise the plans?

I'm wondering over 2 variants:

Variant 1

Make 2 exclusive parent plans:

1. Free; (Parent)
2. VIP. (Parent)

And then to create the 3 VIP plans I want as children plans of the parent VIP. In this case it means that the plans will become 5 and the structure will look like this:

1. Free (Exclusive) (Parent)

2. VIP (Exclusive) (Parent)
--2a. Monthly (Exclusive) (Child)
--2b. Yearly (Exclusive) (Child)
--2c. Lifetime (Exclusive) (Child)

In this case I think I have to assign the Subscribers User access level settings in the Access tab of each plan as follows:

1. Free (Free members)

2. VIP (Free members)
--2a. Monthly (VIP members)
--2b. Yearly (VIP members)
--2c. Lifetime (VIP members)

Variant 2

Make 4 top level plans with the following structure:

1. Free (Exclusive)
2. VIP Monthly (Exclusive)
3. VIP Yearly (Exclusive)
4. VIP Lifetime (Exclusive)

In this case I think I have to assign the Subscribers User access level settings in the Access tab of each plan as follows:

1. Free (Free members)
2. VIP Monthly (VIP members)
3. VIP Yearly (VIP members)
4. VIP Lifetime (VIP members)

But I'm wondering in this variant if the users will be automatically downgraded to Free members if their VIP subscription expires.

Thank you very much in advance
I hope you could tell me which variant will be better in my case

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #234965 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to set up my plans please?

If the subscription of any of the VIP plans expires or is cancelled the user has to be automatically downgraded to a Free member with the possibility to resubscribe to any of the VIP plans.

You can't do this unless they first subscribed to your free lifetime plan then upgraded to your paid plan. The alternative is they manually upgrade to the free plan after they expire. I would say use parent > child usage, but you have 3 paid plans so that's not going to work or look very good.

Either of your variants will work, but none of them will downgrade to your free plan. Currently you can not select a plan to downgrade them to on expiration, but this feature is planned for a later release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 7 months ago #234972 by ricco1
Replied by ricco1 on topic How to set up my plans please?
I've decided to go with Variant 2.

Hopefully it will be OK.

Thank you again Kyle
All the best

10 years 5 months ago #237009 by aamet
Replied by aamet on topic How to set up my plans please?

krileon wrote: Either of your variants will work, but none of them will downgrade to your free plan. Currently you can not select a plan to downgrade them to on expiration, but this feature is planned for a later release.

I strongly support this new feature at a later release. Do you have an idea how far away this implementation may be?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn