end of month plus a year?

10 years 6 months ago #235294 by dhphllps
end of month plus a year? was created by dhphllps
Is it possible to set a subscription to expire on the last day of the current month plus one or three years?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #235306 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic end of month plus a year?
You want the duration to be 13 months? Please clarify as I don't understand what you're wanting, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #235312 by dhphllps
Replied by dhphllps on topic end of month plus a year?
Sorry for the lack of clarity! Our management wants all subscriptions to end on the last day of the month in which they sign up for a one or three year memberships. So if someone joins on October 17, 2013 for a one year subscription, it would end October 31, 2014. Once the initial expiration date is set, renewals would of course stay on that last day of the month with no further manipulation. The way we're doing it now (with AEC) is that she is manually changing the expiration date of all new members, and if/when we migrate it to CBSubs, it would be nice if it could be done automatically.

J!2.5.14, PHP 5.3.x CB 1.9, CBSubs 3.0

Thanks

9 years 7 months ago #249735 by Skovich
Replied by Skovich on topic end of month plus a year?
I have similar question. Is this possible to be done automatically or does it need to be programmed. If so how?
Thanks

9 years 5 months ago #253980 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic end of month plus a year?
Unfortunately the only way to have this is to also manually modify the expiration dates. As is you can have a by calendar year subscription, but the end month and day are fixed and not dynamic based on when the user subscribed. The best approach maybe to just use a flat year or 3 year duration and it'll expire the day they subscribed, which may or may not be the end of the month, but it's at least clear to the user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.651 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn