Feature request for next CBSUBS GPL - a way to create a SUB-Registration form for every CBSUBS plan

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #237972 by Afrikao.com
Hello Developers !

We have general registration form what we use upon user registration.
What if there is a necessity to provide a sub-registration form for every plan ?

I mean if a user wants to choose a plan - he must answer some questions NOT LISTED in general registration form.

For example - let's say we have created some fields under CB tab - but these fields are not required during usual free registration.

But if a user wants to subscribe to a plan - he/she will see a sub-registration form where he/she must fill in the fields with required information.
I suppose such a sub-registration form could be created using standard way of CB fields substitutions.

Thanks in advance for your attention !
Best regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #238039 by krileon
This feature already exists. Edit your plan and on the Workflows tab you can hide fields based off plan selection. This can be used to have plans hide fields that aren't relevant to them. Basically giving plan specific registration on a single registration page. For profile view and profile edit there's CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 months ago #238062 by Afrikao.com
Dear Kyle,
you did not get my point and such feature does NOT exists.

I mean yes, I agree, using Workflows we can HIDE SOME FIELDS on common registration form.
But I offer a feature what means that we REQUIRE from user to fill in SOME CB FIELDS if user choose an UPGRADE to a plan.

Example
We have the field Country.
During usual common registration this field is set as NOT REQUIRED at registration, so this field just exists at user's option to add information.
Too much required fields at common registration are boring users.

But when a user (already registered and logged in) choose a Plan "Vacation" (for example) - CB SUBS should give him a subform where user MUST choose a country from Country CB Field.

So we need one more parameter for CBSUBS Workflow (looks like Hide with list of the fields) - but where Admin set REQUIRED CB fields to join a plan.

I hope you understand my idea now.
What do you think ? Could this feature be useful for next release of CBSUBS ?

10 years 5 months ago #238089 by krileon
Something like that is planned for a later release of CBSubs. I've no idea when or how it'll be implemented at this time though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn