Community Builder Admin menu - no way to enable menu

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #238729 by Rondo42
I just installed CB and CB Subs and am going through the steps to configure it. While configuring the CB Admin Navigation Module using the instructions in the cbsubs_manual_3.0.pdf I ran into a problem. On figure 28 you show an "Enabled" setting. This setting does not appear anywhere on my configuration page. I also checked the advanced and permissions tab and could not find the setting there.

I am using NoNumber Advanced Module Manager so I switched back to the Joomla Core Module manager and still could not find the setting. I am using Joomla 3.2.1. I also verified that the module was published.

I set all the other module parameters as shown (as best I could) and saved the changes. The menus appear in the correct location above, but they are greyed out. When I look into the HTML they are assigned the class="cb_menu nav disabled".

At this point I am not sure what to do. If you give me the proper syntax for the setting in the database I may be able to fix this manually, but something does seem to be wrong.

Thank you for the assistance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wilburg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238863 by krileon
Navigate to Extensions > Module Manager then change the filter from Site to Administrator. Next click New and create a new "CB Admin Nav" module. Now ensure it's set to display as a "Dropdown Menu" on the "Menu" position. Next ensure it's configured to display CBSubs menu items. It disables menu items the same way Joomla does when you edit something. So be sure you're not editing something and it'll work perfectly fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wilburg

10 years 4 months ago #238914 by Rondo42
I followed the steps you gave. Thank you for those.

I am still getting the same issue as before. The admin menus show up at the top of the admin pages right where they should, but the are disabled. I can't get them to link to anything or work.

I verified that I am not editing anything as you suggested. I did a universal check in and purged all the caches. I also cleaned the cache on my browser.

As a second symptom of this problem the styling of the menu items seems slightly different from the main menu. It is subtle, but the menu items contain drop arrows and are slightly differently aligned. I included a snapshot of the issue below;

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #238962 by krileon
You're using a custom backend template or extension that's altering backend usage. I can't guarantee it'll work with such templates or extensions. It's designed to mimic the default templates usage. Change to default backend template and it'll probably work fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #238968 by Rondo42
Thanks Krileon

That did fix the issue. I just hate to lose JSN PowerAdmin. It has been a regular part of managing my sites for a long time.

Is there anything I can do or information I can pass along to JoomlaShine that would help make you guys more compatible? I need to keep CB Subs, but it would also be great if JSN PowerAdmin and your menus played nice with each other.

I do realize that this isn't any problem that CB created, but any advice you can give would be appreciated.

10 years 3 months ago #238998 by krileon
You'll need to edit the module to fit your custom backend then. Sorry, I have no experience with JSN PowerAdmin so I can't advise you any further. We've no intentions of supporting JSN PowerAdmin now or in the future. CB is always designed for a clean Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.466 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn