Replied by krileon on topic PayPal Pro - PayPal says DPRP is no more

"DPRP is a recurring payments service that is an add on for a service
called Website Payments Pro, which is not what you have. You have
PayPal Payments Pro, which gives you access to PayPal's gateway service,
unlike Website Payments Pro. DPRP is not something you will be able to
use since Website Payments Pro is no longer offered. You need to
integrate into a website/shopping cart that is compatible with either
PayPal Payments Pro or Payflow Pro."

PayPal Pro and Website Payments Pro are one in the same. Website Payments Pro is just what it's called outside of the US. The current implementation is using the below API calls.

Single Payments:
developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/merchant/DoDirectPayment_API_Operation_NVP/

Recurring Payments:
developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/merchant/CreateRecurringPaymentsProfile_API_Operation_NVP/

Nowhere does it state this API was discontinued in any way. Even on their PayPal Pro documentation they directly state both APIs are supported (we use direct payments api). They of course recommend the newer one they added like 6 months ago, but that was way after the gateway plugin was created.

developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/#wpp

You may want to contact PayPal and see what's going on. I'll re-test the gateway entirely and see if any adjustments need to be made, but the implementation is only as reliable as their documentation.

Just out of curiosity, what's your favourite solution for taking credit card orders - that's assuming you're doing that, I don't know maybe you only accept PayPal... ? It may be easier if we just use what works for you too.

I recommend PayPal standard. Generally on-site payments make users feel uncomfortable. More so than users that are uncomfortable with PayPal I'd say. At any rate you may want to look into Authorize.net as users have had success with it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OldLodgeSkins
  • OldLodgeSkins
  • Add-ons
10 years 4 months ago #239049 by OldLodgeSkins
Replied by OldLodgeSkins on topic PayPal Pro - PayPal says DPRP is no more
Ok... So it would be the guys at PayPal that don't want to let us use the old one then...

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 4 months ago #239050 by krileon
The Direct Payments API works fine. The problem is they didn't enable DPRP in your account. If you're using a Sandbox account then only PayPal can enable this feature there too. So perhaps they enabled it for your Live account and not your Sandbox account if you're using Sandbox to test. To test that the API is working at all just make a single payment purchase. DPRP is only for recurring payments.

I'll try to get the gateway and API usage reviewed today and if possible upgrade to the new API, but I can't make any guarantees. As it appears many are sleeping off their near years celebrations my support load is low today so there's a pretty good chance I can have all this taken care of by end of day.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• OldLodgeSkins
  • OldLodgeSkins
  • Add-ons
10 years 4 months ago #239051 by OldLodgeSkins
I perfectly understand that this is not the best time, don't worry...
My US partner is on the phone right now with PayPal.
If we can get this to work with the payment plug-in as it is now, great. If not, we'll launch with just PayPal standard and wait until you get a chance to update it.
Thanks.

• OldLodgeSkins
  • OldLodgeSkins
  • Add-ons
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #239054 by OldLodgeSkins
They have a ton of different services and options I don't even know what is what. I can hardly imagine what it must be for you to maintain all those payment plug-ins...
Now they're telling us we should use "Payflow Pro"... Is this the same thing as using the new API?

Edit: I believe it is.
Here's what they told us, if that helps you:

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Joseph and I am happy to assist you with integrating for recurring billing.

I am sorry to hear about the difficulty you've experienced. In order to integrate with the newer version of PayPal Payments Pro with Recurring Billing, it is necessary to integrate using information obtained through PayPal Manager. API obtained from the PayPal.com account can function for individual payments, but it no longer functions with the old DPRP or Direct Payments Recurring Payments. The newer version of Pro operates through the Payflow gateway and recurring billing will only function when integration occurs using the Payflow gateway. In order to properly integrate, you will first want to go into your shopping cart. In the place where it asks what service you use, you will want to indicate one of the following:

PayPal Payments Pro (Payflow Edition) or

Payflow Pro.

The shopping cart will then ask you for credentials for the payment gateway. You will want to use your Manager.paypal.com login information as the credentials for this. This will enable the Recurring Billing as well as the regular payments.

Don't forget, we're always around if you need us. Just click "Help" in the top right corner of any PayPal page to visit our improved Help Center.

Add your mobile number to your PayPal account so we can reach you right away if we ever need to verify account activity with you. Simply log in to your PayPal account, click "Profile" near the top of the page and then click "Update" beside "Phone."

You can also make and receive payments with your mobile phone when you add it to your PayPal account. After you confirm your number and create a PIN, you'll be able to get money, send money, check your balance, or manage your account from your phone using simple text messages.

Sincerely,
Joseph
Merchant Services
PayPal, an eBay Company

Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by OldLodgeSkins.

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 4 months ago #239055 by krileon
I have completely re-tested the single and recurring payment purchase process with the PayPal Pro gateway using a Sandbox account. Both processes worked perfectly fine.

Payflow Pro is not PayPal Pro. Tell them you want PayPal Pro with Direct Payments and the Recurring addon. We do not have a Payflow Pro integration at this time.

Also keep in mind accepting on-site payments in today's market is an extremely bold move. The vast majority of users will browse away due to this. So it maybe best to just use PayPal Standard to begin with.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldLodgeSkins

Moderators: beatnantkrileon