Menu item appearing

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #240143 by optimized
Menu item appearing was created by optimized
Hi,

I have created a menu item called Option and added it to Subscripion Plan / Content / Menu bu the menu item is still showing up on the Home Page at www.coachdeinversion.com.

I see the note ' Itemid id is required (if not saved) for this to work' but do not understand what it means and am not sure if this is the root of the problem.

Could you please enlighten me on this.

Many thanks,

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #240167 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Menu item appearing

optimized wrote: Hi,

I have created a menu item called Option and added it to Subscripion Plan / Content / Menu bu the menu item is still showing up on the Home Page at www.coachdeinversion.com.

I see the note ' Itemid id is required (if not saved) for this to work' but do not understand what it means and am not sure if this is the root of the problem.

Could you please enlighten me on this.

Many thanks,

Mike

It will show up because the menu item is most likely published public.

But if a non subscribed user clicks on it he/she will be taken to a CBSubs subscription page if needed for access.

10 years 3 months ago #240173 by optimized
Replied by optimized on topic Menu item appearing
You are right in saying that the menu option is displayed since the menu item is public as we want to take advantage of the facility to take non subscribers to the payment page but as you can see if you click Options on the main menu at www.coachdeinversion.com/ this is not happening.

instead the visitor can see the restricted CBSubs content

Mike

10 years 2 months ago #240312 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Menu item appearing

optimized wrote: You are right in saying that the menu option is displayed since the menu item is public as we want to take advantage of the facility to take non subscribers to the payment page but as you can see if you click Options on the main menu at www.coachdeinversion.com/ this is not happening.

instead the visitor can see the restricted CBSubs content

Mike

How exactly are you restricting your content?

Have you installed the cbsubs content bot (bot_subs_300.zip) and followed documentation?

10 years 2 months ago #240313 by optimized
Replied by optimized on topic Menu item appearing
Hi Nick,

I have installed this plugin in the attached screenshot.

To restrict access I have created a plan and in the Integrations tab highlighted the menu that I want restricted - also contained in screenshot.

I have read the documentation over and over but am missing something simple.

Regards,

Mike

10 years 2 months ago #240686 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Menu item appearing
Menu item protection does not disable the display of the menu item. When clicking the menu item it should send you to the CBSubs product page of whatever is protecting it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds