Passing CBSub Registration data to Idevaffiliate

10 years 1 month ago #243295 by alel
Hi,

I'm intended to autocreate account in Idev based on registration info during registration in my CBSub. I understand that I need to call the file in Idev & pass the variables there. Which file in CBsub should I edit?

FYI, each plan will send different variables to Idev.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 weeks ago #243505 by krileon
You shouldn't need to edit anything. Using the CBSubs URL integration you can send a GET request to the iDevAffiliate file with any URL variables you want and supply it substitutions. You'll need to provide an example of the URL you need for me to better suggest the usage in CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 weeks ago #243519 by alel
Thanks,

I've testing on URL integration but still cannot autocreate user in my idev. Here's the instruction provided in the Idev API config:

Please feel free to modify this script to meet your needs. Using this script, you can create new affiliate accounts from your own application. This script will accept both _POST data and _REQUEST data. Pass in the variables to this script to create the new account. New Account emails will go out just like normal. To create an account, simply call (www.xxxx.com/affiliate/API/scripts/new_affiliate.php) and send the required variables into this file. In order to use this API script, you must also pass in your secret key. This variable name is called secret and you can find it here.

Example Call: www.xxxx.com/affiliate/API/scripts/new_affiliate.php?secret=657897657&username=testuser...
You can also POST this data using any method you want.

Can you provide call example? Here's the variable that I need to pass based on user input & their subscription plan setting:
-username
-password
-email
-payout level(payout_level=1, example given in idev)
-payout type(payout_type=1, example given in idev)
-approval (approved=1, example given in idev)

10 years 3 weeks ago #243585 by alel
Hi,

I've tried this URL setting & few other combinations in the URL integration but still not working
http://www.xxx.com/affiliate/API/scripts/new_affiliate.php?secret=657897657&username=[username]&password=[password]&email=[email]&approved=1&payout_type=2&payout_level=1

Do you have any comment on the above URL? Where's my mistake?

10 years 3 weeks ago #243734 by alel
It looks like Autoaction can't do this. Instead I use SQL actions. FYI, I use external connection. The Idev database is in the same server but not the same as my joomla..

I've successfully autocreate account in idev but come to halt because the password can't be transfered to idev..

I tried this - md5('[cb_password]') but the string transfered is not the same as I expected. How to transfered to the exact password supplied by user during registration?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn