Show simple Renewal link in CBSubs Plans Module

9 years 6 months ago #249984 by mmccormick
J 3.3.4 / CB 1.9.1 / CBSubs 3

I would like to show a Renew Membership link in the CBSubscriptions Module when member logs in, so that they can click to go right to renewing.

I tried putting a link into the module field "Message to subscribed users which can renew" and it (a) doe snot show in the module + (b) the html link is stripped out anyway.

It is rather confusing for people not familiar with CB to have to go visit their subscriptions tab to renew a subscription (it's not easy to find in the profile anc cannot be linked to directly). A direct link would be more user-friendly: they login and the link is right there, they click, pay and are renewed. Is it possible? And why doesn't this "message to subscribed users" field show up anyway?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #250435 by mmccormick
Replied by mmccormick on topic Show simple Renewal link in CBSubs Plans Module
Anyone? This would make renewals so much easier...folks are not so good about hunting around for "tabs" in the Member Profile. they really don't access these profiles. It would really improve Membership use cases for CBSubs.

9 years 5 months ago #253983 by krileon
It's not possible to link directly to a basket. You can link to a plans page it self then click the renewal button from there, but no there's nothing to go straight to renewal. Plans page URLs can be found within CBSubs > Plans by editing your plans and reviewing the information at the top. The module it self should already link to a plan though when clicking the plan title.

You could create a external Joomla menu item to the plans page for example and they can manage their subscription from there and won't need to go to their profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dillydally

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn