Pending AND Activation emails are sending same time for FREE, moderated plan

9 years 6 months ago #250529 by mmccormick
CB 1.9.1, CBSubs 3, Joomla 3.3.4

Student Plan Registration should go as follows:
  • Student Registers Online, gets page returned with message: "email copy of student ID to complete activation" (works)
  • Student gets email that membership is pending (works)
  • Admin gets ACTION REQ'd email (works)
  • Student sends ID
  • Admin activates student on backend
  • Student gets Welcome to Student Membership email

Here is what is happening: Welcome to Membership email is sending immediately after registration, after Pending Email
  • Student Registers Online, gets page returned with message: "email copy of student ID to complete activation" (works)
  • Student gets email that membership is pending (works)
  • Student immediately gets Welcome to Student Membership email (should not be sent yet...they are pending)
  • Admin gets ACTION REQ'd email (works)

A few captures of my settings. CB is configured to Moderate All registrations and then other (paid) plans are set to allow registrations. Student Plan is set to follow CB (Moderate).

I also tried setting Student Plan moderation to "Yes, before payment" and "Yes, after payment" -- no difference. This is a FREE plan.

Aside from turning off this Welcome to Student Membership email as a workaround, I cannot find a solution.

Ideas? Should I remove the Welcome Email under CBSubs Email Integrations tab and place it in the CB general settings instead?

Bit concerned that the Paid members will now get moderation emails -- have to test with sandbox on late at night.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #253984 by krileon
Free plans become active immediately. This means their activation email will immediately send. This is working as intended. CBSubs emails have nothing to do with the users approval/confirmation state and are dependent on the subscription state.

If you want to send a email from CBSubs to CB moderators and not the user themselves then use CBSubs Emails and set the To address to be your moderators email address. The emails on the Presentation tab will always send to the subscriber based off the state of the subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254595 by mmccormick
The moderator emails do not send even though I have moderation required under CB and then "use CB settings" or "moderation required before payment" set on (I have tried both settings).

This used to work in CBSubs 1.01 (whatever first version was).

I do have the Emails setup under the Integrations tab -- I don't think they are sending as I have myself and the office admin Bcc'd and cc'd on them (3 different emails and providers) and they don't show up.

I really need the Admin to be able to MODERATE these members -- not have to check the backend daily if students signed up. Ideas?

Attachments:

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #255713 by krileon
You can't moderator free purchases. Their subscription become active immediately. You can moderate the users themselves though by enabling registration approval within CB > Configuration > Registration. That's the best I can advise. If emails are not sending confirm if any emails from CB are sending at all by using CBs mass mailer within CB > User Management and try emailing your self. If mass mailer is working ensure the CBSubs Email integration is published within CB > Plugin Management. If you're emailing the user though you do not need to use the CBSubs Email integration and can just use the presentation tab emails while CC/BCCing your self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn