Renewal of Calendar Year Subscriptions

9 years 5 months ago #253728 by wwildman
Renewal of Calendar Year Subscriptions was created by wwildman
I run a membership organization with paid calendar-year memberships. All renewals are manual. I set things up following the calendar-year example in the CBSubs Manual. We renew in the last two months of 2014 for calendar year 2015. With "Renewable in advance by" set to two months, the renewal option shows up correctly for members on their Subscriptions tab. But the wording of the renewal is wrong. If the current subscription says "Year 2014 Active, expiring on 12/31/2014" then the renewal link says "RENEW NOW: YEAR 2014 FOR USD 45.00 (≈ EUR 36.05)". I know people find this confusing because they are expecting either "RENEW NOW: FOR USD 45.00 (≈ EUR 36.05)" or "RENEW NOW: YEAR 2015 FOR USD 45.00 (≈ EUR 36.05)". I can't see a way to control this behavior, either in plan settings or in the language file. But I know this situation must be *extremely* common so there must be a way to get it done.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #253825 by wwildman
Replied by wwildman on topic Renewal of Calendar Year Subscriptions
This is a J3.3.6 site with CB 1.9.1 & CBSubs 3.0.0.

9 years 5 months ago #253849 by nhtim
Replied by nhtim on topic Renewal of Calendar Year Subscriptions
wildman,

I have the same problem, so you are not alone! I have been waiting for 2 weeks for a response. Here is my post.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cbsubs-gpl-support/227259-renewals-not-applying-for-the-next-calendar-year

9 years 5 months ago #253851 by wwildman
Replied by wwildman on topic Renewal of Calendar Year Subscriptions
I read your post before posting my own and thought you were describing a problem with the application of the renewals to the correct year (very serious!) rather than merely an incorrect description of the renewal period (the less serious problem I am reporting). Obviously, both problems can be present and the two problems may be related. Hopefully someone in the know will offer some guidance soon.

9 years 5 months ago #254015 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Renewal of Calendar Year Subscriptions
This is a bug. By Calendar year duration renewals are not calculating properly. There's no fix other than using your site strictly in UTC timezone or manually fixing the subscription dates after a user renews. We're working on fixing this, but it's much more complicated than expected as the calculation functionality needs some major work to resolve this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #256804 by aguaw
Replied by aguaw on topic Renewal of Calendar Year Subscriptions
If this is a bug - I would be quite happy for the moment to just remove the year & keep the text something like this:

Resubscribe: for $XXX

The thing is - I can't locate this text in the language file?

Where can I locate this text string to remove the year?

Seems like the simplest option to me at the moment - it is causing mass confusion

*** EDIT ***

Actually, I need to prevent the output of the date calculation function as it is used throughout... where do I find this?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn