Module XML data not available

9 years 4 months ago #253866 by wfim
Module XML data not available was created by wfim
Hi,

I am having a VERY weird and seemingly random issue that I just can't pin down.

I have recently upgraded to Joomla 3.3.6 with CB 1.9.1 and CBSubs 3.0.0. On some PCs and Macs, certain functionality doesn't work. In fact, it doesn't even appear to be there.

For example, I've installed the CB Admin Navigation plugin. On some machines it shows up and works perfectly. On other machines, it looks like it's not even there. On machines where it doesn't work, if I go into Extensions > Module Manager > Administrator and open up Community Builder Admin menu, the module shows part of the config info, put on the left side I get a red box with the error message "Module XML data not available".

To get stranger, if I switch browsers on that SAME MACHINE, everything works just fine.

More weirdness... if I switch to different machines, which browsers work changes. Firefox seems to not work on most machines, bit IE comes and goes.

I've tried pretty much all the solutions on the internet that I can find. The xml file is not missing. I've reloaded the module a half dozen times too. Everything seems perfect on one machine / browser, and then totally missing on another.

Help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #254016 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Module XML data not available
No idea, CBSubs isn't responsible for rendering the XML parameters. Joomla handles the parsing and output of the parameters. The XML supplied in the module is completely valid and matches Joomlas usage. Recommend maybe posting to Joomla.org forums and see if they've anything to suggest.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254143 by wfim
Replied by wfim on topic Module XML data not available
I have an update. We discovered that only the people who are registered as super users have correct access. Anything below that and it doesn't show up. I'm good with giving the admin users an increased access fo do their jobs, but super user is too high.

Any thoughts now that we have this additional data point?

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254180 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Module XML data not available
The menu items display is based off permissions so you'll need to adjust your permissions if you want admins to access certain menu items. For CBSubs it checks CBSubs permissions found in CBSubs > Settings > Permissions. For CB menu items it checks the various permissions accessed on the various management pages. I'm unsure what the Joomla XML error is about, but it maybe due to using the old admin nav module.

Please note for CB 2.0 the CB Admin Navigation module is deprecated and replaced by a new admin module included with CB it self. You may want to consider upgrading (clone your site, upgrade the clone, and test thoroughly).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn