CBSubs 4.0.0-rc.1 Not Calculating any taxes

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #255060 by nforse
I've poured through all the many-years-old threads I could find about tax calculation issues, and poked through all the various configuration screens repeatedly over the last few hours and have been unable to solve this issue.

I cannot get CBSubs 4.0.0-rc.1, under a combination of Joomla 3.3.6 and CB 2.0.4, to calculate any taxes.

Under 'Tax Rules' I have set the default to my HST rule.
Under 'Tax Rates' I have set the HST Rate at 13%, priority 1, assigned it to the HST rule, selected Buyers and Sellers everywhere for Geographic Zone, all Domestic and Export dropdowns are set to "yes" and it is published.
Under 'Geographic Zones' I've created a new zone to cover Canada, added the established country and ensured it covers all provinces and territories (Edit Entries -> New -> Canada, Canada, All, All).
In CBSubs general config I've gone to the 'Tax' tab and enabled tax computation, as well as set my System Seller Country and Province.
Then for each plan I've ensured it is using the default tax rate (HST from above) and is set to apply the taxes "valid at buying time".

When I attempt to test this all and buy a plan the total listed both in the cart and after clicking through to PayPal is the base price of the plan, no taxes whatsoever.

I'm starting to go a little loopy from confusion and frustration! :side: :pinch: :huh:

I have to imagine it will all boil down to some simple checkbox or setting I've missed but I'm out of ideas as to what that could possibly be.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #255639 by nant

nforse wrote: I've poured through all the many-years-old threads I could find about tax calculation issues, and poked through all the various configuration screens repeatedly over the last few hours and have been unable to solve this issue.

I cannot get CBSubs 4.0.0-rc.1, under a combination of Joomla 3.3.6 and CB 2.0.4, to calculate any taxes.

Under 'Tax Rules' I have set the default to my HST rule.
Under 'Tax Rates' I have set the HST Rate at 13%, priority 1, assigned it to the HST rule, selected Buyers and Sellers everywhere for Geographic Zone, all Domestic and Export dropdowns are set to "yes" and it is published.
Under 'Geographic Zones' I've created a new zone to cover Canada, added the established country and ensured it covers all provinces and territories (Edit Entries -> New -> Canada, Canada, All, All).
In CBSubs general config I've gone to the 'Tax' tab and enabled tax computation, as well as set my System Seller Country and Province.
Then for each plan I've ensured it is using the default tax rate (HST from above) and is set to apply the taxes "valid at buying time".

When I attempt to test this all and buy a plan the total listed both in the cart and after clicking through to PayPal is the base price of the plan, no taxes whatsoever.

I'm starting to go a little loopy from confusion and frustration! :side: :pinch: :huh:

I have to imagine it will all boil down to some simple checkbox or setting I've missed but I'm out of ideas as to what that could possibly be.

Did you follow the tax related instructions in the relevant sections of the CBSubs documentation?

9 years 4 months ago #255737 by nforse
Replied by nforse on topic CBSubs 4.0.0-rc.1 Not Calculating any taxes
Yes I have read the relevant sections of the manual and I believe I have followed the directions.

Here are screenshots of the various configurations as well as the checkout screen with the missing taxes.

I have also tried the checkout with a mandatory invoice address in case the tax rate was waiting on an explicit address but still no taxes were calculated.

9 years 2 months ago #258611 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs 4.0.0-rc.1 Not Calculating any taxes
There was a bug with the totalizer defaults. This is fixed now, but existing installs with CBSubs settings saved when broken need to manually fix it. Please ensure the below are configured correctly.

CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices

Subtotal 1 = 10
Subtotal 2 = 0
Promotions = 20
Sales Tax = 40
Subtotal 3 = 0
Subtotal 4 = 0
Grand Total = 100

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.425 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn