Search function question

9 years 4 months ago #255354 by goliveid
Search function question was created by goliveid
Hi.

We're a little stuck at the moment and just need a quick answer please. :)

Is it possible to set up search given that we have cbsubs or do we need to purchase something else in order to get that going?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #255718 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Search function question
User searching is built into the core of CB. You need to create a userlist within CB > List Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: goliveid

9 years 3 months ago #256207 by goliveid
Replied by goliveid on topic Search function question
Just another quick question. There is a Member list that appears at the top of the page. I tried to choose Search Mode and choose Search only but that didn't remove the top area in the search. If it isn't possible to take it off, can we at least take away the number of members of maybe modify the page?

Thanks again for the help

9 years 2 months ago #258615 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Search function question
You can hide the top part using CSS. There's no parameter to disable the top display of a userlist. Right click and inspect in Chrome or Firefox to see the CSS classes/IDs available.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn