Plans -> Access Tab

9 years 4 months ago #255705 by ks.stadler
Plans -> Access Tab was created by ks.stadler
Hello,
my english is not the best. Can somebody explain me the difference between the following two options?
The two options if you create a new plan in the access tab.

"Visible for Access Level"
and
"Visible for Group (and above this group)"

The info popup for these fields don't help me. And in the CBsubs manual on site 365, there is only the explanation for "Visible for Group". The other doesn't exist in the manual.

So can someone explain the difference in simple words?

Thanks and best regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #255721 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Plans -> Access Tab
One uses View Access Levels and the other users Usergroups. I do not recommend using Usergroup based access as it'll be deprecated. Use view access levels, which you can create additional view access levels within Users > Access Levels. See Joomla documentation for further information on the difference between View Access Levels and Usergroups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ks.stadler

9 years 4 months ago #256886 by ks.stadler
Replied by ks.stadler on topic Plans -> Access Tab
Thanks for your help krileon.

9 years 4 months ago #257000 by MarylandShallIssue
Replied by MarylandShallIssue on topic Plans -> Access Tab

krileon wrote: One uses View Access Levels and the other users Usergroups. I do not recommend using Usergroup based access as it'll be deprecated. Use view access levels, which you can create additional view access levels within Users > Access Levels. See Joomla documentation for further information on the difference between View Access Levels and Usergroups.

Is it being deprecated in Joomla or in CBSubs? Hopefully not in the final 4.0 release.

I have set up CBSubs to use groups extensively as it ties in nicely with Kunena and how we want to grant access to view AND posting.

9 years 3 months ago #258622 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Plans -> Access Tab
View Access Levels should be used for viewing access. Usergroups should not be. Yes, it'll eventually be deprecated. I've no idea when, but when it is we already have a function that migrates usergroup access params to view access levels for you. Kunena supports View Access Levels as well so I don't particularly see the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarylandShallIssue

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds