Error in Mailer module

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #255964 by MarylandShallIssue
Error in Mailer module was created by MarylandShallIssue
When I try to create a new Mailer in the Mailer module, I get the following error:

An error has occurred.
1146 Table 'maryland_msisb.y9z7d_cbsubs_geo_zones' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT a.`id` AS `value`, a.`name` AS `text` FROM `y9z7d_cbsubs_geo_zones` AS a GROUP BY value ORDER BY a.`ordering`

Running CB 2.0.4 and CBSubs 4.0.0rc1 on a Joomla 3.3.6 platform.

[SOLVED]
While I don't think this should be the correct solution for this, I was able to get past this error by installing the Tax CB Plugin for CBSubs. I had noticed while reading through the Tax section mention of geo zones and realized that the tax plugin might be setting up a table that the mailer, for some strange reason, is using.

Suggest to the developers they look into this to decouple the tax and mailer functionality or make it clear in documentation that one is dependent on the other.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #255967 by MarylandShallIssue
Replied by MarylandShallIssue on topic Error in Mailer module
OK, now I'm getting the following in the Groups tab of when I try to create a new mailer. Note the "Applies to orders invoiced to" field is missing an internal XML reference.:

Buyer geographic and business conditions
These two conditions are based on the invoicing address of the user on his last invoice, as stored in his user profile (not visible). Business condition is based on company name filled-in.
Geographic Zone of Buyer
Applies to orders invoiced to Missing type def. for param-type xml:business_consumer

I've also noticed there are errors in the Tax module when I try to look at Countries and States (USA).

An error has occurred.
1267 Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT a.`id` AS `value`, a.`name` AS `text` FROM `y9z7d_cbsubs_geo_zones` AS a LEFT JOIN `y9z7d_cbsubs_geo_zones_entries` AS b ON b.`geo_zone_id` = a.`id` LEFT JOIN `y9z7d_comprofiler_provinces` AS c ON c.`province_iso_code` = b.`province_iso_code` GROUP BY value ORDER BY a.`ordering`

9 years 4 months ago #256247 by MarylandShallIssue
Replied by MarylandShallIssue on topic Error in Mailer module
<more crickets chirping>

I'd even be OK with someone saying "Install the nightly build" though then I'd ask if the nightly build was OK to run in production. See the quandary I'm in? No support for a paid subscription on a product that is in beta (CBSubs) for a production core product (CB).

Sorry guys, just a little frustrated I'm not hearing anything and would appreciate any help. I'll even work with you to help fix the issue for everyone else but need some feedback. Oh and I'm not above being called an idiot for not doing something I should have. I just need to get this working with some level of confidence I can put it into production.

Thanks.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #258617 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error in Mailer module

When I try to create a new Mailer in the Mailer module, I get the following error:

An error has occurred.
1146 Table 'maryland_msisb.y9z7d_cbsubs_geo_zones' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT a.`id` AS `value`, a.`name` AS `text` FROM `y9z7d_cbsubs_geo_zones` AS a GROUP BY value ORDER BY a.`ordering`

Your first issue is due to missing CBSubs Tax plugin. That needs to be installed for the Geolocation functionality of the Mailer. CBSubs Promotions also depends on CBSubs Tax for this.

OK, now I'm getting the following in the Groups tab of when I try to create a new mailer. Note the "Applies to orders invoiced to" field is missing an internal XML reference.:

For your second issue of the missing input you need the latest nightlies found below, which yes they are safe to use.

CB 2.x Nightly:
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build

CBSubs 4.x Nightly:
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/671-cbsubs-gpl-nightly-build

I've also noticed there are errors in the Tax module when I try to look at Countries and States (USA).

For your final issue it's just your database being misconfigured. You need to navigate to your database using phpmyadmin and correct the collations of your tables. They should all have the same collation of utf8_general_ci.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn