EXpired Memberships

9 years 3 months ago #258416 by fbrace
EXpired Memberships was created by fbrace
On my website, www.veteranscaucus.org, I have 4 renewable memberships (fellow, Affiliate, Associate and Student) all with fixed expiration time periods. I also have an Honorary category that is bestowed by a Board of Directors option only.

Why does my site convert any of the expired paid memberships to honorary "free" for life instead of just remaining as an inactive/expired member of the original category. This gives some of my members the idea that they no longer need to pay for memberships.

I can also not find anywhere in the database where I can correct this.

Thanks,
Fred Brace, PA-C, DFAAPA
veteranscaucus.org

Frederick C Brace III, PA-C, DFAAPA
Sect, Veterans Caucus of the AAPA
www.veteranscaucus.org

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #258635 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic EXpired Memberships
If your free plan is free lifetime and they were actively subscribed to it before upgrading then they'll fallback to it as it's a lifetime subscription. Your plans should be set to exclusive and to allow upgrades. This maybe able to stop it from falling back to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #258638 by fbrace
Replied by fbrace on topic EXpired Memberships
Hi Kyle. My free Honorary plan does not allow anyone to subscribe to it. It is bestowed to them by the Board of Directors.

All of my member categories are set to exclusive and all "parent." They are as follow:
Fellow, Affiliate and Associate with an upgrade available be Lifetime membership in each category. We then have a student membership that loow upgrade after graduation. There is "no" free category at all.

I can give you admin credentials to check what I have and offer a fix.

Fred Brace, PA-C, DFAAPA
www.veteranscaucus.org

Frederick C Brace III, PA-C, DFAAPA
Sect, Veterans Caucus of the AAPA
www.veteranscaucus.org

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #259815 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic EXpired Memberships
As I understand that's normal behavior for them to fallback to their free lifetime plan. I don't believe there's a workaround for this. You could use CB Auto Actions to expire the lifetime plan when they upgrade to a new plan though using a CB Paid Subscriptions action and the below trigger setup.

Plan Active
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional 1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
Conditional 2: [var2] Equal To A

Plan Expired
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional 1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
Conditional 2: [var2] Equal To X

Replace PLAN_ID_HERE with the ID of the plan you want the action to act on.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds