Free trial not that free

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #260539 by marketsetc
Free trial not that free was created by marketsetc
Using a 100% off promotion code still requires a PayPal login and sends an email saying the user has subscribed to an $x per month plan. Can this be circumvented?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #260659 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Free trial not that free
If the plan only allows recurring subscriptions then no. What it's doing is setting up auto recurring payments at PayPal so when the free trial ends they're automatically renewed. If you allow single payments I believe it won't do that anymore.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #260662 by marketsetc
Replied by marketsetc on topic Free trial not that free
K. Consider that a feature request, then--at least a confirm that they won't be charged maybe. I'm also not seeing the promo code work at all. I'm charging myself a small fortune testing the site ;)

9 years 1 month ago #260669 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Free trial not that free
If the promo code isn't working then that likely explains the issue. Normally they would instantly activate and never see PayPal except in situations of $0 initial price duration with a regular price and duration while only allowing recurring subscriptions. In the case that they're charged nothing at PayPal it will be very clear to them on their PayPal payment page that they're being charged for nothing and that in XYZ duration they'll be charged XYZ price.

I'm charging myself a small fortune testing the site

That's what PayPal Sandbox is for. It uses dummy accounts so no money exchanges hands, but allows you to setup configuration and get a feel for things. Getting used to the sandbox interface is a little daunting, but it's very helpful for making test purchases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn