Auto Actions or other method to redirect current users

9 years 1 month ago #261017 by cjmicro
CB 1.9.1 CB SUBS 3.0 joomla 3.3.6

We have added some new fields to CB registration, which is no problem for new people. If a registered user logs in, they are taken to upgrade and then straight to payment (which is easy and simple!). BUT the client wants them to have to update their profile with new fields first. Is there a way to force them to update their profile first, then get taken to that simple subscription upgrade/payment area? Without messing up the flow for new subscriptions?

www.retiredracehorseproject.org (join button)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #261049 by krileon

Is there a way to force them to update their profile first, then get taken to that simple subscription upgrade/payment area? Without messing up the flow for new subscriptions?

CBSubs doesn't currently have a feature like this. I believe it's planned for a later release, but for now the only way to do it would be to develop a custom CBSubs plugin to add new fields to the basket page.

I suppose you could try using CB Auto Actions to redirect to profile edit of those fields are incomplete, but if you're hiding those fields via CBSubs plan it's basically an infinite loop of never being able to subscribe. So it depends on your configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.528 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn