Drop down for cbsubs plan and show at registration

8 years 11 months ago #264567 by Ntelos
Hello there,

Administration area:
I want to create one plan for which the price and duration are variables. Assume that you want to create a diet food plan called Detox. So i want when someone sees the package to select from drop down the calories of this package (1400, 1600 or 1800). When he selects a different value for calories then the plan's price will change.

Also i need the client to be able to choose for how many months does he/she wants the plan. I have as plan duration 1 month but i want the visitor to be able to choose 2 months or more.

I need to know if those things are possible and how to do also!

Registration area:
I use 3rd party for registration (cb profile pro) and inside one tab i want to show the plan subscription that he will choose but i want to show this in a more graphical way. So, an idea was to somehow create some html/css styling that shows the plan and from some drop downs he can select months and calories and after registration he registers to a plan (passing values through URL). I don't know if there is an easier way to show subscription plan with nicer way. Generally, i would like to have one nice image for the graphic, the price of the package and the 2 choices (months for the plan and calories).

Is this possible?

Thank you in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #264683 by krileon
You would need to completely alter the DOM with jQuery to convert the radio/checkbox usage into a dropdown. I don't advise this as there's no telling what it'll break. CBSubs isn't setup for the scenario you're wanting. We have multiple price/duration options on own registration page by using a CSS trick. We just float them on top of one another and hide the non-relevant info for the different price/durations, but they're actually multiple plans and not just 1 plan.

The plan rows themselves can have a custom CSS class added to them on the Presentation tab of the plan, which you can use to fully style that plan row however you like. So an image could be added using CSS or by adding it to the plan description, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ntelos

8 years 11 months ago #264716 by Ntelos
So, i suppose i create different plans with different prices/plan durations and with css trick i show !

About that css trick, do you have an example or file in order to see and test?

8 years 10 months ago #266431 by krileon
Nope, Beat wrote the CSS for our registration page. I recommend inspecting it with Firefox or Chrome by right clicking and click inspect element. I believe it's just a couple of float: left; and display: none; usages to move the subscription blocks around and hide the non-relevant information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn