Changes in registration form not taken in account

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #264570 by gtrennert
Hello
J3.4.1 cb2.0.8
cbsubs latest nightly

I am a user trying to register :

I choose a plan (price > 0) come to the invoice address step and CANCEL the subscription
Then I try again and choose a free plan
My register is approoved but in the end the user is not subscribed on the free plan !

In cbsubs I accepepted default settings and just created 2 plans - one free one not free

Should I set some other settings to avoid this situation ?
How is this possible ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #264615 by nant

gtrennert wrote: Hello
J3.4.1 cb2.0.8
cbsubs latest nightly

I am a user trying to register :

I choose a plan (price > 0) come to the invoice address step and CANCEL the subscription
Then I try again and choose a free plan
My register is approoved but in the end the user is not subscribed on the free plan !

In cbsubs I accepepted default settings and just created 2 plans - one free one not free

Should I set some other settings to avoid this situation ?
How is this possible ?

Not sure you can - at least not the way you are describing.

If a user starts a process to join a paid plan and does not complete the purchase - then the user is not added to this paid plan - nor is the user added to any other plan.

If you want to force a user to always have a subscription in order to use your site, you need to configure the relevant fields in your CBSubs -> Settings -> Global tab.

See the registration settings frame.

Also discussed in the CBSubs manual - please download and study:

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/downloads-single-items/doc_download/498-cbsubs-gpl-30-documentation

8 years 11 months ago #264660 by gtrennert
Hm I think I was not clear enough about what happened :
The user tried to subscribe in a plan with price but cancelled it on the invoice address form
Then he registered and choose a free plan.
The problem is that the user is attached to the paid plan he choose and cancelled first !

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #264686 by krileon
So they were given the paid plan for free? Sorry, I'm not understanding your issue exactly. If you cancel payment duration registration it does not cancel the registration. They'll have to login then select a new plan. Backing out to registration won't work as they're already registered.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn