intermittent PDT notify-synch failures with error 4002

8 years 11 months ago #264743 by mctrading
I'm using CBSubs with paypal-Gateway since February without any problems but in last days i got intermittent PDT notify-synch failures with error 4002.

I have nothing changed since first installation and so i think it is not an problem of CBSubs and i searched around and found this discussion:

"Wow, this actually seems to be the issue. Around 2015-05-07, we started getting intermittent PDT notify-synch failures with error 4002 -- with code that has been working for a while. I can confirm that curl --data 'cmd=_notify-synch&tx=abcde12345&at=MyToken' www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr fails but the exact same command with the tx uppercased succeeds (where 'abcde12345' is the tx PayPal provided in the return url and MyToken is our live PayPal token). – medmunds 2 days ago

aye, I saw the tx is in uppercase in the return data of paypal notify – Lance yesterday

There seems to be a recently-introduced (May 2015) PayPal bug, where PayPal converts all of the return-url query params to lowercase -- which may require workarounds in your own PDT code. The bug only happens when the user clicks the "click here to return to..." link at the end of the transaction. (If they wait for the auto redirect back to your site, params are the correct case.) I've reported to PayPal; will update after response. – medmunds yesterday"

I had an look into "raw_data" of notifications and saw that the tx for the failed payments is in lowercase and for the succeeded in uppercase.

Is it possible to change something in the code until paypal is fixing this problem?

Thank you!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #264744 by mctrading
it was possible for me to reproduce this problem with my sandbox account

i changed something here:
...\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbpaidsubscriptions\processors\paypal\cbpaidsubscriptions.paypal.php

line 1487 changed from:
'tx' => cbGetParam( $_REQUEST, 'tx', '' ),
to:
'tx' => strtoupper(cbGetParam( $_REQUEST, 'tx', '' )),

seems to work fine now

could you please check this, thank you!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

8 years 11 months ago #264806 by nant

8 years 11 months ago #264829 by mctrading
Joomla 3.4.1
CB 2.0.5 and CBSubs 4.0.0-rc.1

(i'm not using the latest versions because of the still existing problem with the names-mapping for the invoice)

8 years 10 months ago #266433 by krileon
Please upgrade to 2.0.9 and CBSubs 4.0 stable and see if your issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn