Re-building CB/Subs sign up page on a J3 version website

8 years 9 months ago #267598 by robinduckett
Hello, I am working to rebuild CB / CBSubs on a new J3 site (to switch from our current J1.5 site) I am now working to reconfigure the new site, based on the settings of the previous one - and then I'll work to improve it.

However I am finding a weird error in the front end of the CB Subs signup - I attach a screen shot. Could you point me to what I'm doing wrong and how to correct it?

Thanks, Robin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #267690 by robinduckett
Hello again, I have sorted one problem, but the others are very persistent: The introductory texts from CB config manager are not appearing, as they are on our publicly viewable site www.sightlines-initiative.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans

Instead it appears thus;
www.sightlines-initiative.com/J3/index.php?Itemid=245
with a map I didn't ask for (plus in any case I don't know where to put the code to insert the correct map)

I have uploaded amended screenshots.

I would appreciate instruction on this! Thanks, Robin

8 years 8 months ago #268811 by krileon
We don't have a map feature like that. My guess is it's a Google map CB plugin you've installed or some sort of Joomla Google map extension doing it. Recommend checking CB > Plugin Management for any such plugins. If none check Joomlas extensions manager.

The introductory texts are displaying fine on both sites. See your second link where it's shown directly under "Join Us!". The footer text is then shown at the very bottom of the page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 8 months ago #268881 by robinduckett
Yes, thanks, it is Geocode Factory: I must enquire how it is being inserted n this place.

I do have an error message though in CBSubs on this page: it is showing on the CB - Display - Plans - 'login or subscribe' script on the front end:

www.sightlines-initiative.com/J3/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=accessdenied&Itemid=91&accesstype=contentdisplay&accessvalue=137&accessurl=b3B0aW9uPWNvbV9jb250ZW50JnZpZXc9YXJ0aWNsZSZpZD0xMzcmSXRlbWlkPTky.
It gives the word 'Error', under an underlined x. I have not put in any weird code!
Can you help here?
thanks, Robin

8 years 5 months ago #273823 by krileon
That's normal, but we need to improve it so it doesn't output as an error. You should be able to hide it by installing latest CBSubs 4.x nightly then within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Plans empty the "Login or subscribe text (displayed if not logged in)" parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn