Information on the changes in the CBSubs nightly build

8 years 9 months ago #268257 by derekkoopowitz
Is there any way to find out what changes/bug fixes/enhancements are in each nightly build?

I stopped using CBSubs 3 because it was so buggy and I had hoped that v4 would fix all the bugs - it hasn't. I really would like to use CBSubs since it should integrate directly with CB (we've created a number of new fields with CB) to handle our yearly memberships - however, I'm being hamstrung because the CB actions aren't updating the CB fields as they should and the SQL actions aren't working either (in lieu of CB actions not working, I tried to use the SQL actions instead - neither work).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #268267 by nant

derekkoopowitz wrote: Is there any way to find out what changes/bug fixes/enhancements are in each nightly build?

I stopped using CBSubs 3 because it was so buggy and I had hoped that v4 would fix all the bugs - it hasn't. I really would like to use CBSubs since it should integrate directly with CB (we've created a number of new fields with CB) to handle our yearly memberships - however, I'm being hamstrung because the CB actions aren't updating the CB fields as they should and the SQL actions aren't working either (in lieu of CB actions not working, I tried to use the SQL actions instead - neither work).

You should really update to CBSubs 4.0.1 and CB 2.0.10.

We do not really give nightly release changelogs (planned for new site).

But we do give changelogs on each point release.

Example:

CBSubs 4.0 release announcement:

www.joomlapolis.com/news/18499-cbsubs-gpl-40-stable-released

and CBSubs 4.0.1 release announement:

www.joomlapolis.com/news/18508-cbsubs-gpl-401-released

both have changelog list in their discussion threads.

8 years 9 months ago #268300 by derekkoopowitz
Replied by derekkoopowitz on topic Information on the changes in the CBSubs nightly build
Nick,

I've been running 4.01 in a test environment for a while now (actually I've been running 4.0 since it was released as a RC) and I'm having these issues I mentioned above. I resubscribed to CBSubs in hopes that the bugs that existed in 3.0 would be fixed and although some are, there are still several that remain - chief of which are the fact that the CB actions and SQL actions don't work as advertised.

I've imported users and found that the CB actions don't work in populating certain CB fields and then even after running tests of joining/paying the same fields aren't being updated either... the same goes for SQL actions.

I've posted messages about both these issues and unless these are fixed then I believe that I wasted my organizations money in re-subscribing to CBSubs. I've stopped testing now because I honestly don't have time to apply every single nightly release in hopes that these get fixed - it would be nice to get something with each nightly package that shows the changelog and then I could choose to ignore it or install it.

8 years 9 months ago #268322 by nant

derekkoopowitz wrote: Nick,

I've been running 4.01 in a test environment for a while now (actually I've been running 4.0 since it was released as a RC) and I'm having these issues I mentioned above. I resubscribed to CBSubs in hopes that the bugs that existed in 3.0 would be fixed and although some are, there are still several that remain - chief of which are the fact that the CB actions and SQL actions don't work as advertised.

I've imported users and found that the CB actions don't work in populating certain CB fields and then even after running tests of joining/paying the same fields aren't being updated either... the same goes for SQL actions.

I've posted messages about both these issues and unless these are fixed then I believe that I wasted my organizations money in re-subscribing to CBSubs. I've stopped testing now because I honestly don't have time to apply every single nightly release in hopes that these get fixed - it would be nice to get something with each nightly package that shows the changelog and then I could choose to ignore it or install it.

I assume that by CB Actions you mean the CB Fields integration plugin in CBSubs?

My tests show that this works just fine.

There was an issue that the field value would not get reset when subscription ended, but that has been fixed in CBSubs 4.0.

What exact test are you doing that you feel is failing?

8 years 8 months ago #269914 by derekkoopowitz
Replied by derekkoopowitz on topic Information on the changes in the CBSubs nightly build
Hi Nick,

The messages I've posted about the issues with CB 4.01 are as follows:

1. When a user subscribes to a plan there are 2 custom CB fields that are supposed to be updated using the CB Fields integration plugin - the 1st is a member status field (which does get updated) and the 2nd is an expiration date field which is supposed to populate with the subscription expiry date - this action does NOT work - see the screen shot below.

2. I have a need to update add an additional group to a user when they purchase a membership - we have one group added with a plan called "Members" but there is another group I'd like to add called "Judge Seminar". This "Judge Seminar" group gives the user access to an area of the site where they can download specific materials. All members that sign up for a plan automatically get the "Member" and "Judge Seminar" groups - however, we also allow users to just pay for "Judge Seminar" access without having to purchase a membership - this is only valid for 1 year. I will create a specific plan just for that (easy enough). However, since CB Subs only allows a plan to upgrade a user to one group only, I thought that running a SQL actions script to automatically add the new group to the user when they purchase a membership would be the best approach. I've tested the script and I know it works just fine outside of CB Subs, but when the SQL Action is run (I really don't know if it is or not), the new group does not show up for the user. The SQL Action screen shot is below:

I've also been trying to test CB Subs 4.01 (nightly build) to ensure that full functionality exists.

1. I've tried to import selected users (members) into CB Subs to ensure that I can cutover from our current membership system to the CB Subs. The import works just fine but the 2 issues I identified above exist.
2. I've also tried with test users to subscribe from the front-end and I tried with the Paypal sandbox and for some reason Paypal sandbox is not authorizing the payment - it is accepting it but putting it into hold status. I can manually go into Paypal and approve the payment but I thought that the Sandbox would automatically do this for me. I then decided to do away with the Sandbox and to try the Dummy Payment gateway - this won't work either - I click on the credit card logo (Visa, MC, etc.) and the system just waits - I never get back a response letting me know that the payment was "accepted".

We're approaching our renewal month (October) and I really would like to use CB Subs going forward but I can't (at this time).

I apologize for not responding to this earlier...

-Derek
Attachments:

8 years 5 months ago #273829 by krileon

1. When a user subscribes to a plan there are 2 custom CB fields that are supposed to be updated using the CB Fields integration plugin - the 1st is a member status field (which does get updated) and the 2nd is an expiration date field which is supposed to populate with the subscription expiry date - this action does NOT work - see the screen shot below.

Believe the date substitution will be formatted. Please ensure you're adding the date to a text field and not a date field.

2. I have a need to update add an additional group to a user when they purchase a membership - we have one group added with a plan called "Members" but there is another group I'd like to add called "Judge Seminar". This "Judge Seminar" group gives the user access to an area of the site where they can download specific materials. All members that sign up for a plan automatically get the "Member" and "Judge Seminar" groups - however, we also allow users to just pay for "Judge Seminar" access without having to purchase a membership - this is only valid for 1 year. I will create a specific plan just for that (easy enough). However, since CB Subs only allows a plan to upgrade a user to one group only, I thought that running a SQL actions script to automatically add the new group to the user when they purchase a membership would be the best approach. I've tested the script and I know it works just fine outside of CB Subs, but when the SQL Action is run (I really don't know if it is or not), the new group does not show up for the user. The SQL Action screen shot is below:

Do not do direct database queries to modify usergroups. It's significantly more involved than that and requires PHP. If you need multiple usergroup additions I recommend using CB Auto Actions with the below usage.

Plan Active
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional 1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
Conditional 2: [var2] Equal To A

Plan Expired
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional 1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
Conditional 2: [var2] Equal To X

2. I've also tried with test users to subscribe from the front-end and I tried with the Paypal sandbox and for some reason Paypal sandbox is not authorizing the payment - it is accepting it but putting it into hold status. I can manually go into Paypal and approve the payment but I thought that the Sandbox would automatically do this for me. I then decided to do away with the Sandbox and to try the Dummy Payment gateway - this won't work either - I click on the credit card logo (Visa, MC, etc.) and the system just waits - I never get back a response letting me know that the payment was "accepted".

Sounds like PayPal wasn't configured correctly. Either PDT isn't working or IPNs are never sending. Please review the CBSubs documentation carefully in addition to the instructions provided in the parameter descriptions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.680 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn