Taking Credit Card Payments

8 years 9 months ago #268572 by konp
Taking Credit Card Payments was created by konp
Hi

My site has the following setup: Joomla 3.4.3, CB 2.0.10, CBSubs 4.0.1 and GroupJive 2.7.0

I would like to take credit card payments on my website, but our likely turnover is too small to warrent paying a fixed monthly fee.

From reading this forum it looks like you need Paypal Pro to take credit cards, but this would involve a monthly fee and would make no economic sense.

Paypal's webpage states that you can pay with credit cards using Paypal standard and I've added a donate button (not using CB Subs) using Paypal standard that does allow me to take credit cards). However, I've set up a gateway and plan and when I use it, it only offers me payment with Paypal. Paypal also offers taking payment through a company called Braintree (owned by them) that doesn't ask for a monthly fee.

Is it possible to take credit cards with Paypal Standard? If so how? Would it be possible to use Braintree if Paypal Standard won't take cards?

Also (I think related), the payment screen shows two buttons, neither of which is the one I chose. How do I display the standard orange button that you'd expect to see?

I've attached a screen shot of the payment page with the two buttons. I hope you can help.

BTW, I posted this earlier, but it seems to have been missed (I assume this because usually you reply very quickly), perhaps because I made another post just afterwards. I hope I'm doing the right thing re-posting. I wasn't sure how else to flag up that I hadn't had a reply.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #268719 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Taking Credit Card Payments
You can not accept direct credit card payments on your site for free. There's the cost of the SSL certificate then whatever fee the gateway forces. You will still have a fee with PayPal standard, but it's not fixed monthly and is a percentage of your price (see PayPal for further details) at time of purchase.

You can however accept credit card payments off site using PayPal Standard. This is done by enabling payments without a PayPal account within web payment preferences of your PayPal account. This will not work for recurring payments though as PayPal uses their profile to keep up with the recurring payment. This will only work with single payments.

Please read your CBSubs documentation on configuring PayPal for further configuration instructions in addition to the information in the gateway edit page it self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.038 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn