Temporary Download URLs based on subscription

8 years 8 months ago #268758 by eeavdc
Hi,

I want to be able to get a user to just log on one time with a provided e-mail information and get temporary access to certain files.

Does CBSubs require a login every time to access files or can I send a temporary URL that is good for the subscription length?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #268815 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Temporary Download URLs based on subscription
Access to content protected by CBSubs is entirely based off the subscription duration. So I suppose you could disable free logins without a subscription in CBSubs > Settings > Global then give users a subscription with a short duration. When it expires their account should get disabled. So they could have access for 1 day.

The other option is to use CB Auto Actions and a field to toggle if the account has been logged in or not. After the login trigger set the field to 1. Then another action on the after login trigger checks if the field is equal to 1 then do a logout. That would allow accounts to login only once for example.

If you're just wanting to send a download URL that gives access as long as they've logged in once then no it can't do that. Typically downloads will be provided by a download extension. If you mean direct downloads by linking to the file directly then it's maybe possible by using the folder access integration that uses htaccess login to protect a server directory.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn