quote - purchase services

8 years 7 months ago #271150 by Dismas
Replied by Dismas on topic quote - purchase services
Yes, I have that process now in place and have tested it thru payment.

I was hoping to be able to automate it even more as the subscription tab shows in the backend CB user profile...but the email with the link allows for the payment.

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #271157 by nant
Replied by nant on topic quote - purchase services

Dismas wrote: Yes, I have that process now in place and have tested it thru payment.

I was hoping to be able to automate it even more as the subscription tab shows in the backend CB user profile...but the email with the link allows for the payment.

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately there is no way to hide plans in administration area.

Actually, you could use Joomla ACL/group system to place a plan in specific group/acl - this way it would not appear even in backend.

No idea how this would scale out - since your use case would basically mean one new Joomla group for each user you send a quote to.

8 years 7 months ago #271165 by Dismas
Actually I am good with it showing in the backend.
Was thinking it could show up in the user profile in front end using the subscriptions tab.

I am using ACL and have users assigned to a progression of registration groups. Free member, Subscribed member, Paid member...

Thanks for your guidance.

8 years 7 months ago #271199 by Dismas
This is working pretty well.

Some parts I am still struggling with are:

Changing some of the verbiage from things like
We suggest subscribing to following subscriptions:
Your current subscription upgrade possibility:
To more comply with a Quote rather than a subscription.

I havent gotten tax to work. Even tho i have a tax plan set up.

Not all the info comes forward from the registration form. Notably Address & Phone altho Zip City come thru fine.

I am sure it is just my inexperience...but if you have some hints...I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

8 years 5 months ago #273836 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic quote - purchase services

Changing some of the verbiage from things like
We suggest subscribing to following subscriptions:
Your current subscription upgrade possibility:
To more comply with a Quote rather than a subscription.

It's best to change language strings directly in the CBSubs language files, but some strings are parameters found in CBSubs > Settings > Display.

I havent gotten tax to work. Even tho i have a tax plan set up.

If you're using geolocation based taxing it can become pretty complex to setup. I recommend first trying a tax rule that applies to all plans regardless of location first. Geolocation taxing only taxes based off invoice address so if you're having synchronization issues you'll need to first modify your invoice address.

Not all the info comes forward from the registration form. Notably Address & Phone altho Zip City come thru fine.

Some fields, specifically the dropdowns, in the invoice display won't synchronize unless the value exactly matches what CBSubs expects. One way to do this is to use CB Query Field and its Query Select fieldtype to generate a field with values from CBSubs own database tables; please search as this usage has already been discussed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn