How to restrict access to profiles

8 years 5 months ago #273202 by notyooagain
How to restrict access to profiles was created by notyooagain
Hi
Current- Joomla 3.4.5,CB2.0.12,CBSubs GPL 4.0.1

I have not been able to find answers on the site to the following questions so perhaps you can advise me.

I have 2 registered groups, A (free) and B (paid) who can search for the profiles of the opposite group and then select a user profile and email them directly.

My questions are

(1) Can I restrict access to members profiles, email address in particular (say group a) by members of the same group (group a) as I would only want members to be able to contact members of the different group.(A to B and B to A not A to A and B to B)and if so can you please advise the settings required.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #273845 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to restrict access to profiles
The entire profile? No, but for tabs and fields you can using CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection. Please see your CBSubs documentation regarding its usage. Note it will strictly protect a tab or field in the regard that a user needs an active subscription to the selected plan(s) to see the tab or field. For actual privacy controls you need CB Privacy (nothing to do with subscription though).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: notyooagain

8 years 5 months ago #273935 by notyooagain
Replied by notyooagain on topic How to restrict access to profiles
Thanks for the reply
Just to clarify, can CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect be set to hide all email addresses of subscribers to plan A from members of the same subscription plan A and not affect the members of the other plan B being able to view the email addresses of plan A or do I need to get CB Privacy to do that.
Hope I am explaining it clearly. :dry:
Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.948 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn