Error

Please login first

changing plan period will it affect current members?

8 years 4 months ago #275863 by cjmicro
We had a plan that was effective this calendar year and next. Anyone who signed up prior to Jan. 1, 2016 had the whole year plus all of 2016 and their membership will expire on 1/1/17.

We need to change it to an annual plan, so if someone signs up on Jan. 5, 2016 their membership will run 1/5/16 - 1/5/17.

I can change the plan no problem, but want to make sure that it won't alter any of the original member expirations of 1/1/17. Can you let me know if that will work? Otherwise I can defunct the old plan and start a new one I guess but it would be easier to change it on 1/1/16.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #278337 by krileon
It shouldn't as that's all calculated (start and expiry dates) and stored at time of subscription. However, it is not recommended to alter a plan with existing subscribers, but rather to disable new subscriptions to the plan and simply create a new one. Please be sure to test carefully and make a backup if you decide to change a plans duration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn