Error

Please login first

New with CB Subs

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #277101 by sarah963
New with CB Subs was created by sarah963
Hello there

I am fairly new with CB and CB subs,,and I am a bit overwhelmed by the many options and functionalities these two extensions provide..

My question is about setting up plans in CB Subs.

I have the following plans:
1. ACTIVE subscribers - ONE YEAR
2. ACTIVE subscribers - THREE YEARS
3. YOUNG subscribers - ONE YEAR
4. YOUNG subscribers - THREE YEARS
5. RETIRED PERSON - ONE YEAR
6. RETIRED PERSON - THREE YEARS
7. ACTIVE OR RETIRED LDC* MEMBER - ONE YEAR
8. ACTIVE OR RETIRED LDC* MEMBER - THREE YEARS
9. YOUNG LDC* subscribers - ONE YEAR
10. YOUNG LDC* subscribers - THREE YEARS
11. INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERSHIP

Now, can I create one plan for ACTIVE subscribers in which users can choose either one year or 3 years, and one plan for YOUNG subscribers, one for RETIRED PERSON LCD .. etc..
That is a total of 6 plans??!!

Or is the duration of a plan has to be set to one value, that is either one years or 3 year??!
I will end up with 11 plans in this case!!

Or is there another and more efficient way to do it??

Hope I am making sense,,
Thanks so much for your help ,,,

Sarah

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #278355 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New with CB Subs
You can't have multiple prices and durations for a plan. Best I can suggest is either use a parent and child plan relationship or use CSS (like our subscription display) to make it look like plans have different prices and durations. Example parent child usage as follows.

Active (parent plan)
- 1 Year (child plan)
- 3 Years (child plan)
Young (parent plan)
- 1 Year (child plan)
- 3 Years (child plan)

The parent plans would be free lifetime and the child plans would have all the protection, etc.. Parent plans can be exclusive or non-exclusive as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah963

8 years 2 months ago #278377 by sarah963
Replied by sarah963 on topic New with CB Subs
Thanks Kyle

Since, we can not offer free plans to members, I went ahead and created 11 plans as described above in my first post of this thread.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds