[SOLVED] [#6829] Trouble with promotion condition field comparison on registerDate

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 1 month ago #298398 by coza73
I am trying to create a promotion that will apply a discount based on years of membership. I am doing the comparison on registerDate and the 'Order Date of the order wanting to use this promotion'.

I cannot seem to get the promotion to apply to the subscription renewal.

This specific promotion I am trying to apply a discount if the registerDate is over 20 years ago. The subscription I am testing with has a registerDate displayed as "01/04/1997".

Attached is a screen shot of the conditions. Is there anything I am doing wrong? Can I compare against registerDate?

Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298401 by krileon
Both those fields are datetime comparisons. You maybe coming down to the second or minute causing the condition to fail. Try 1996 and see if that works.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #298411 by coza73
Even if I switch the 'Condition 1' to 15 years, even 1 before it makes no difference.

6 years 6 months ago #298415 by coza73
When I reversed the logic it started working. i.e. I put the order date in A ,the registerDate in B and changed the condition to "Date A must be later the 20 years after date B"

6 years 6 months ago #298416 by coza73
I think I am sorted now. I had some other options that were set wrong. Seems to be good now.

Also any chance of having options for over 20 years? We have members that are over 40 years and I am doing different (increasing) discounts up to at least 40 years

6 years 6 months ago #298425 by krileon

Also any chance of having options for over 20 years? We have members that are over 40 years and I am doing different (increasing) discounts up to at least 40 years

Have added a feature ticket to review adding additional options.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn